appendix carry

Ryan.moran

i posted this on another forum and it got a pretty good discussion going so figured i would post it here too and hopefully start another good conversation here.

the other day i was searching the web and came across a person talking about how he carries appendix with a crossbreed holster, i had never heard anyone say that they use this type of holster for appendix carry. i then got up and threw on my oldfaithful holster (same design as crossbreed) and tested it out. it seemed to work pretty well, gun seemed concealed very good in just a tee shirt. im waiting on a new belt to come in the mail hopefully tomorrow and i will be testing out this carry method more to see how it is and may start carrying in this manner.

how do you guys/gals feel about appendix carry? what is you opinions and thoughts on this method? what about appendix carry with a crossbreed type holster? just looking to get a nice discussion going so let the talk begin

I normally carry at 4:00 OWB, but some times in the summer or at work I appendix carry with an Uncle Mike's and find it very comfortable. Have not tried with a Crossbreed or Supertuk since I can't decide which I want.

I use a blackhawk iwb holster...I carrry a .40 xd tactical 5" barrel. during the hot summers in shorts and a tshirt there is not really any way to conceal a gun that big other then appendix carry...walking around the store/insert your public market here....I carry appendix. While in the vehicle I use the inbetween the seat and center console method. it's not too bad once you get used to it. I am considering getting something smaller in a .40/.45 cal.

Seems interesting. I will give it a try. When trying this I will keep in mind the following diagram.
Link Removed

Seems interesting. I will give it a try. When trying this I will keep in mind the following diagram.
Link Removed

the forward cant of my holster kept the muzzle pointed away from my manhood. with a little practice im sure i could get used to this draw.

Just to throw a woman's perspective in here ... if you are hour glass shaped (defined waist with prominent hips) it is hard to conceal in general, but I find the 4 o'clock position to work best. I think I would definitely print if I appendix carried. Also, I love the CBST!

I'll give it a try. I carry Glock 26, 3 O'Clock, IWB. Concerned about being detected when brushed along side. Defeats purpose of CCW.

I carry apendix carry in the summer time, Mostly in shorts and a t-shirt. Works great and comfortable too.....

I carry a glock 23 in a crossbreed quickclip or supertuck CROSSDRAW at 11pm. I'm a small guy and its the most comfortable and concealble position for me. I practice drawing a lot to make sure I'm proficient.

I normally carry at the 4 o'clock position, but have carried appendix. I have found it comfortable as long as I am standing and it is quick and easy to draw from that position. However, it can be uncomfortable and a slower draw while sitting in a restaurant table or booth. Also, the 4 o'clock position is more comfortable while riding on the Harley.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back