Anyone own or have built AR style 308?

Warbirds

I am looking at assembling a DPMS style 308 from a stripped lower. Anyone done so or own one? I will assemble the lower and purchase the upper as a complete assembly. I would like around an 18" barrel and a railed forearm. Anyone have any recommendations? This is a slow boat project, I have a few other things I want to pick up before the election.

Make sure it is a free floating barrel. I'd set it up to shoot distance otherwise you might as well have a 5.56 AR-15.

Yea cause whats the point is a real powerful .308 carbine for defense?

At close range the .308 will go right through whatever you are shooting and keep on going. I'm just saying I wouldn't bother setting up a .308 for anything less than 100 yards. Plus, the 18 inch barrel will make it hard to turn corner in your house at 3 am.:laugh:

Yes
Yes
And Yes

18" fluted bull barrel with miculek muzzle brake.
Forward assist & dust cover etc...

Still need to install the bipod.

Get the A3 upper and align hone the scope rings.

I passed on the quad rail as I won't be mounting any accessories other than the bipod

It's a BEAST :cool:

Make sure it is a free floating barrel. I'd set it up to shoot distance otherwise you might as well have a 5.56 AR-15.
While I agree with you. My reachout and touch something gun is a .308 bolt action. (Rem 700 bdl)
If I ever win an AR-10 in a raffle or something I won't turn it down, but personally I don't see the need for a semi-auto distance shooter. Not saying they are bad, just my own preference.

Nothing says "Go Away" like a 7.62, even if t's a piddling 16" carbine .....

2apxtf.jpg

......... but then who says to can't have a SASS too.

34hang2.jpg

Get the A3 upper and align hone the scope rings.

I passed on the quad rail as I won't be mounting any accessories other than the bipod

It's a BEAST :cool:

Did you assemble your own upper? The quad rail is for like you said, a bipod, so I could do with something else that was free floated and could accommodate. If you built, where did you get your parts?

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

While I agree with you. My reachout and touch something gun is a .308 bolt action. (Rem 700 bdl) If I ever win an AR-10 in a raffle or something I won't turn it down, but personally I don't see the need for a semi-auto distance shooter. Not saying they are bad, just my own preference.
LOL I am guessing you have not had the chance to shoot a Knights sr25? Being a member of the OG who was fortunate enough to get one SR45 mk11 mod 0 complete set factory new let me say that while I LOVE my 700's and all the variants of it I own and have owned the SR25 is a amazing piece of equipment. Lwrc makes the REAPER and while IMHO not quite a sr25 it is also a fantastic performer as well. The sr25 kit out of the BOX will shoot one hole groups at 100 yards without trying.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back