any word on reciprocity

Raider-3

Has the process started to form reciprocity agreements with other states, or will Illinois be a closed state?

I too was hoping for them to have reciprocal agreements with other states. What I saw was that no other states have the training requirement they do so they would not have any reciprocal agreements. They are willing to offer non resident permits. I think the cost is $300 plus training that meets their requirement.

I too was hoping for them to have reciprocal agreements with other states. What I saw was that no other states have the training requirement they do so they would not have any reciprocal agreements. They are willing to offer non resident permits. I think the cost is $300 plus training that meets their requirement.

$300 for a 5 year permit + 16 hours training (THAT will cost ya) - your local sheriff can dispute your application (so stay on their good side) - plus the list of places you cannot carry is longer than the places you can carry. it's a completely impotent bill.

i'd really (seriously) like someone to tell me why i should apply.

I have to agree. I have family in Illinois so had given it some thought but the price for one or two weeks every couple of years is not worth it.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

IL has set a high "training requirement" compared to other states, so NOBODY else will "measure up" to their requirements. Also their "fees" are 3 or more times more expensive than most other states - a. Is it just a money making scheme ($300 fee minus background check cost, minus administrative costs = PROFIT) OR b. Is the profit designated for a particular purpose/agency (range construction, body armor for deputies, etc.)?

IL has set a high "training requirement" compared to other states, so NOBODY else will "measure up" to their requirements. Also their "fees" are 3 or more times more expensive than most other states - a. Is it just a money making scheme ($300 fee minus background check cost, minus administrative costs = PROFIT) OR b. Is the profit designated for a particular purpose/agency (range construction, body armor for deputies, etc.)?

Making money is the least of their goals. The agenda-driver is to discourage as many as possible from trying, and causing as much pain as possible to those who persist, while edging under the letter of the court decision that forced the law (but completely side-stepping the spirit of that decision, AND the Second Amendment!).

mike is right. i neglected to mention that i AM in the peoples republic of illinois and, sad to say, it's working. this bill is like me saying to my 13 year old "yes, when you raise the $100,000 you can have the lamborghini gallardo." some illinoisans WILL bite the bullet, take the classes and get the permit, but for me it's not only the prohibitive cost (in both time & dollars) but the extensive restrictions. the list of where you cannot carry is almost 3 pages long. here is the full text of the bill - start reading at section 15

Illinois General Assembly - Full Text of HB0148

It's an elitist law written by elitists to ensure that the "poor folks" can't comply. If you can't come up with the fee, or if you can't take 16 hours off work for the classes, or if you ride the bus or train to work - sorry! The 2nd Amendment doesn't apply to you.

Three bills were filed in the Illinois House today by Rep. Bill Mitchell One of them, HB 3650, Adds a reciprocity section to the carry law.

It's sort of silly to decide whether or not a non-resident can apply for an IL permit based on the permit-issuing rules in his or her home state. I guess it was holdover language from a previous draft of the bill that allowed for reciprocal agreements.

Great news, but for one thing: it requires the other state to have "substantially similar" training requirements. Are there any? 16 hours is substantially more than that required by most other states.

As in the past, state officials will wait until the last minute to come out with specifics. And, as usual, this is not a rights issue, but a political issue.
This is a nice summation of the Illinois law:
Link Removed

The gun banners will make every step as painful as possible. This is a fight the citizens will have to dig out a megaton at a time, in future elections, in court fights and lawsuits, and in the blogs and editorials. This group is part of a bigger agenda, and they are running wild. Not a battle we should have to fight, but we no longer have a government with the cajones the Founding Fathers had.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back