Any Springfield Armory Insiders? Lusting after an EMP in 9mm

Riverkilt

I've had an EMP 9mm on order with my LGS for MONTHS....he says he has it on alert at all his distributors and checks daily...nothing...nada...zilch...but yet Springfield Armory runs a banner ad on this forum for the EMP. WHY are they teasing me? WHY would they spend money advertising a product they are not producing?

I'm soooo confused....

I think they produces more ads for the EMP than EMPs. I bought mine at one gun show (40 S&W) several years ago. Only one guy had any EMPS, and he only had ONE! Paid way too much, but got the only one. By the next gun show they must have got the production lines really cranking, because there were a whopping 3 or so at the gun show. Wish they's spend more time manufacturing and less time making ads, those are nice pistols!

Well, got a form email back that says we're too busy to answer email and don't hold your water waiting for any product and guessing at what I may have wanted by answering a few FAQ that were totally unrelated...makes me wonder why I bother to have the EMP on my wish list with an order out for it if it shows up. God knows what sort of customer no-service they offer customers if they're too busy to answer emails from prospective customers...grumble...

I don't know, but I can't seem to find a garden variety black Springfield XD(m) compact in 9mm for my wife anywhere. It's maddening.

Nothing like the REAL 1911 MIL-SPEC on ones 3 o'clock, Cocked & Locked. If ya gonna have to throw lead, throw the biggest chunks ya can. "Dam the Torpedo's, full steam ahead"

I've satisfied my lust but now warming weather is approaching I'll probably be looking for a smaller platform continuing the .45ACP line of defense. Probably will continue with SPGFLD line. Colts/S&W are pricier.

I have an acquaintance whose brother works at Springfield Armory (hey there are perks to living in this liberal hellhole known as Illinois after all). He gets everything at cost, nickel plated XDm for $350 or something that normally retails for over a grand. It'd basically be like doing a FTF, then another through an FFL...not terribly efficient and that's assuming I could even convince him to get it. Or I could just ask him if he wants to make some money, I'm sure you wouldn't mind a tiny markup.

Sent from my SCH-R530U using Tapatalk 2

RIVERKILT
Look on GUNBROKER, I got a .40 EMP on there from a place I could put on layaway(still paying it off-have 9 months to do). I paid a little more for it than what I'd have liked, but I wanted it and they were the only place that had any. Just did this at the end of January and there were a few of them available then. Can't wait to get it and try it out. Been reading on a 1911 forum for SA EMP, and by everything I've read there, SA customer service is great. Good luck on Your search.

I have an acquaintance whose brother works at Springfield Armory (hey there are perks to living in this liberal hellhole known as Illinois after all). He gets everything at cost, nickel plated XDm for $350 or something that normally retails for over a grand. It'd basically be like doing a FTF, then another through an FFL...not terribly efficient and that's assuming I could even convince him to get it. Or I could just ask him if he wants to make some money, I'm sure you wouldn't mind a tiny markup.

Sent from my SCH-R530U using Tapatalk 2

The Springfield XDs are Mfg.ed in Croatia this could be why the supply problem, if it's a real problem.

Finally, after some wrangling, got an email back from Sales folks at Springfield

"The EMP has always been a very popular model that does not sit on shelves very long. I do not know of anyone that will have one sitting in stock. Generally what happens is this. We build a production run of EMP’s. We ship them to our 15 distributors. The distributors receive the EMP’s and immediately fill as many dealer back orders as they can with the guns that come in. The dealers that were chosen from that production run to be shipped an EMP receive the EMP. The dealer calls his next customer on the waiting list. The customer comes in and picks up the EMP.

If you want an EMP I would recommend contacting your favorite gun shop then have them order the EMP from the distributor he purchases the most product from. He needs to actually place the EMP on Back order so he secures a spot in line. If he is trying to find one in stock he will not likely ever find one. He has to order it to get it."

This sounds to me like my LGS has to pay in advance, then have the gun backordered, and hope that some day its his turn to get the backorder filled...meanwhile Springfield has his money....???

One of the LGS here has one in 40 SW in its display case. I bet they would ship it to your LGS.

Thier web sight is gunrunnersinc .com for thier contact info.

EMP 9mm is my edc...I think it would be worth the hassle. There's a reason they're hard to get! I hope you have one by now!

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back