Any Mauser c96 Resources

Haksaw62

I've recently picked up a Mauser c96 pistol in 9mm and am looking for informational and parts resources.

It's an unusual auto with a unique place in history. Winston Churchill carried one in his early days and credits the Mauser for his survival during the Boer War. Parts are randomly available and sometimes appear on gunbroker or eBay. These pistols also became a favorite of the Chinese although I am not sure if guns or parts have been exhausted.

There is a C96 forum that has a good file section. I'd do a search for it. I have a 1930 Walther commercial broomhandle that I recently had re-worked. It was basically a smoothbore when I got it, now it's a decent shooter. But, .30 Mauser is a little hard to find components for!

What I have is a Frankengun, the lower is an early (1898-99) Large Ring Hammer Bolo, with the original short throw safety. The upper looks like a 1920's Prussian contract, 3.5" barrel, 500 Meter tangent sight, but in .30 Mauser. Rifling is intact but worn. Upper has been refinished and is missing all but a few proof marks, no full serial and no caliber stamp.
Link Removed

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back