Any experience with the Buffalo Bore .38 Special 150 gr hard cast wadcutter?

yes...I have personal experience with Buffalo Bore ammo...in several calibers. We even Chrono'd several various rounds and found them to be EXACTLY as their website claimed for the barrel lengths they showed vs what we shot and our observations.

Anything branded Buffalo Bore is really good ammo. The 38 SPL in standard pressure is great from a light weight revolver and is as accurate as anything I've ever shot.

The 38 +P in same weight is a hammer to your hand, but I'm sure its worse to the intended target...also very accurate.

I used to shoot both standard & +P 38s from a S&W 642. Both have their uses, but for me, ...well getting older and the arthritis in my joints forced me away from the super light weight guns with heavy loads.

ANYTHING you see listed at the Buffalo Bore site as far as the velocity and/or FPE in any given caliber is shown (normally) for those values coming from several different barrel lengths & guns. They are VERY accurate ratings, as they (Buffalo Bore) state, the ratings they show are 'real world' results of their testing, using real world guns.

FYI, in 38 SPL standard pressure, they also have a softer lead load HP that is VERY reactive when it hits ANYTHING. It is relatively comfortable to shoot, and would be something you can use indoors and not lose your hearing over, and yet get decent stopping power from. They also have a decent wad cutter round that pops a bit more than other brand 'target loads' that would also be a real good stopper...for indoors (in house) and up close.

Buffalo Bore is expensive stuff, and very dependable stuff... you can count on it... Read their write-ups on every round they make in your caliber, and you can trust that what they claim is the truth.....no B.S.

Happy Shootin'

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back