Another reason to carry

how or why is this incident a reason to carry a gun?

The town of Stillwater was locked down during that time. I live only about 7 miles from there. I was glad that I was carrying because nobody seemed to know where the BGs were or went. I did not want any BGs coming around my family with intent to harm my family or me.

Another shooting happened in Oakdale about 4 miles from my house a while back. Some nut was shooting at cars being driven down his street. He killed a person while shooting at passing cars. That is another reason I carry. If some nut is going to shoot at me I want to be able to shoot back.

The town of Stillwater was locked down during that time. I live only about 7 miles from there. I was glad that I was carrying because nobody seemed to know where the BGs were or went. I did not want any BGs coming around my family with intent to harm my family or me.

Another shooting happened in Oakdale about 4 miles from my house a while back. Some nut was shooting at cars being driven down his street. He killed a person while shooting at passing cars. That is another reason I carry. If some nut is going to shoot at me I want to be able to shoot back.

If its not happening to or near them, they can't relate. As i recall it was a toddler killed in oakdale.

is there something in the water in WI?

I can only respond to what was in the article linked and it didn't sound like that big of a deal. Just some nutcase.

I can only respond to what was in the article linked and it didn't sound like that big of a deal. Just some nutcase.
Like I said, unless it's happened to or near you, you can't relate. When you've been in a hold up, you will suddenly realize the reality of how quickly things can go from bad to whatever level of "worse" that the BG is willing to take it to.

Shooting someone who has or says they have a bomb is no good. You are able to retreat, run from a bomb don't play marksman.

If you're behind the counter at a bank, you're not going to get far if the BG decides to self-anihilate. I know I'm only about fast enough to get one step away before a fatal blast overtakes me even in the wide-open.

Relate a threat by bomb to being held at gunpoint. How is shooting a BG who is pointing a gun different than shooting one carrying an alleged bomb? Both go boom.

If you're behind the counter at a bank, you're not going to get far if the BG decides to self-anihilate. I know I'm only about fast enough to get one step away before a fatal blast overtakes me even in the wide-open.

Relate a threat by bomb to being held at gunpoint. How is shooting a BG who is pointing a gun different than shooting one carrying an alleged bomb? Both go boom.

You are confusing a bank robber with a suicide bomber. (Cite a source which proves that bank robbers in the US have blown themselves up once confronted.) The reason he is robbing the bank is because he wants the money and he really thinks he can get away. He's not going to explode himself when he has the possibility of getting away with the money. Once confronted, most BG's immediately turn to self-preservation (like Treo) and surrender.

And why do you assume that I am behind the counter? I would be the guy filling out a withdrawal slip. I couldn't work in a bank. I hate uppity people.

Shooting someone who has or says they have a bomb is no good. You are able to retreat, run from a bomb don't play marksman.

I've shot people carrying bombs. One guy had a backpack filled with explosives and screws, bolts, nails, broken glass, marbles, gravel and other goodies and once he was hit in the chest neck and face he went down. Guess what else? Nothing blew up. :)

What you guys want to do is lay down, let him have his way with everyone, take wallets, CONCEALED FIREARMS, car keys...he takes it all and then he leaves the bomb. Your kids might be with you, your brother, sister, wife, grandmother along with everyone else's. 45 seconds after he jumps into a car and leaves, he dials the cellphone and it blows up, killing you all because he said to stay there until he's long gone or he will blow you all up.

If the bomb is on a timer, he is not going to set it so it goes off when he is nearby. If it has a remote trigger, he is not going to detonate it when he is nearby because he wants the money. That's why he is robbing the bank. HE WANTS THE MONEY AND THINKS THAT HE CAN GET AWAY. If he was going to blow himself up like you insist, then he would just walk into a crowded mall, football game or some other event full of people and do it.

Do society a favor and don't CC into a bank. Criminals already steal enough guns, we don't need you guys handing them over willingly.

I'm going to repeat what I said earlier. You don't see these things happening across the St. Croix river in Wisconsin because we are an armed conservative people. Minnesota? Ripe for the picking because everyone is living in a liberal fantasy where men can marry each other, kids don't know what the civil war was about, nobody has guns or rights, you're racist if you don't vote for Democrats and gangs control the streets you live on.

There most likely is in Menomonie and Rice Lake. But the two events that vern referenced were in Minnesota, right in the metro area.

Only thing I remember about Rice Lake is IT IS the Blue Gill capitol of the world. Can't remember if it was Little Cedar Lake but Thomas's Fish camp was there and WOW..... Blue Gills so big a grown large man could barely get his hand around the fish to take the hook out.

You are confusing a bank robber with a suicide bomber. (Cite a source which proves that bank robbers in the US have blown themselves up once confronted.) The reason he is robbing the bank is because he wants the money and he really thinks he can get away. He's not going to explode himself when he has the possibility of getting away with the money. Once confronted, most BG's immediately turn to self-preservation (like Treo) and surrender.

And why do you assume that I am behind the counter? I would be the guy filling out a withdrawal slip. I couldn't work in a bank. I hate uppity people.

I didn't use your name in my post, so the assuming is on you. If you're too important to work at a bank, then this doesn't apply to 'you'. You could write a banker's manual on how bad guys with bombs act. You'd be famous.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back