Another New KY Member

Chuckie

Folks,

I just stumbled onto this site...and am very glad that I did. I will be picking up my CCDW Permit tomorrow and was surfing the web looking for some helpful information regarding carrying a concealed weapon in KY. I am not new to guns; I just finally got off of my tail and got my permit...better late than never I suppose.

Little about me... Originally from St. Louis, Mo. Lived there till 95 and work took me to Overland Pk. Ks. Have lived in KY since 98 and my kids call it home. We love this state. Live in Louisville, and have a cabin on Lake Herrington. Kids go to UK...sorry Cardinal fans... works out well as they can make it to the lake in 30 minutes. Love shooting, fishing and boating to name a few.

Anyway, as I said, glad to have found this site...looks like a wealth of information and a fine community. Looking forward to be a part of it.

Any suggestions to a new permit holder would be appreciated. You know, like mistakes you made early on...anything like that. I understand the responsibility I have signed on for...don't want to blow it.

Thanks

Chuckie

Folks,

I just stumbled onto this site...and am very glad that I did. I will be picking up my CCDW Permit tomorrow and was surfing the web looking for some helpful information regarding carrying a concealed weapon in KY. I am not new to guns; I just finally got off of my tail and got my permit...better late than never I suppose.

Little about me... Originally from St. Louis, Mo. Lived there till 95 and work took me to Overland Pk. Ks. Have lived in KY since 98 and my kids call it home. We love this state. Live in Louisville, and have a cabin on Lake Herrington. Kids go to UK...sorry Cardinal fans... works out well as they can make it to the lake in 30 minutes. Love shooting, fishing and boating to name a few.

Anyway, as I said, glad to have found this site...looks like a wealth of information and a fine community. Looking forward to be a part of it.

Any suggestions to a new permit holder would be appreciated. You know, like mistakes you made early on...anything like that. I understand the responsibility I have signed on for...don't want to blow it.

Thanks

Chuckie

Congratulations on getting your CCW and becoming a new member! I'm sure I speak for the majority of the members in that.

I haven't been a member on this forum for very long either, but in the short time I've been here I've learned a good bit.

I believe the best advice I could give is to always let an officer know your carrying and ask how he would like to proceed after you've told him your preferred carrying position. I watched a video where a gentlemen was approached by an officer and it was a good 5-10 minutes before the driver was approached and another 5-8 minutes until the officer was notified of CCW.

Stay safe and stay smart! Good luck, and Welcome to USACarry!

Thanks Andersonj,

I appreciate your comments and advice...all well taken. Stay safe and Stay smart.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back