Another gun belt option

Tomhusker

I am a plus size, full figured fella and have been searching the net for an affordable, quality belt. I saw some decent belts, but when you add the extra for my size needs they were getting pricey.

So I had an idea.....

I am having a belt custom made for me by a local saddle & tack shop. I need a belt that meets two criteria: It must be rigid to support a CC holster, and because I am currently working on a weight loss program, it must be one piece so I can cut it down as my waist line shrinks.

The shop owner had me come in and check out different types of leather and explained the characteristics of each. We decided which one would work best for what I wanted it for. After measurements and selecting a buckle I was given the total cost. $40 bucks, with my choice of tool work.

I also picked up nice leather cowboy holster for my Rough Rider .22 cal revolver, for $20 bucks.

I just thought I would share, in case there are others looking and getting as frustrated as I was.

So, how 'bout sharing? This shop have a website? Or a name, at least? Contact info? Gory details about the belt?...leather weight, width, buckle options, color options, etc.?

Curious minds, y'know? Been thinking about going into the gunbelt biznez myself lately...nothing fancy, but solid, durable heavy-duty belts. Need some inspiration...

That's a heck of a good price for a custom-made belt.

Looking forward to seeing if the guy wants to make some more.

I'm big guy also. I have 2 belts from CrossBreed Holsters. I have had them for 2 years now. I wear one everyday and it has held up very well. Don't remember how much I paid for them but they are good sturdy belts.

I'm big guy also. I have 2 belts from CrossBreed Holsters. I have had them for 2 years now. I wear one everyday and it has held up very well. Don't remember how much I paid for them but they are good sturdy belts.

I have seen the belts from Crossbreed and was close to buying one. Again, one of my needs is to be able to cut the belt down as my waste line gets smaller. A one piece constructed belt will work a lot better than 2 piece belt will, as I will not have the cut end coming apart.

Ektarr said:
So, how 'bout sharing? This shop have a website? Or a name, at least? Contact info? Gory details about the belt?...leather weight, width, buckle options, color options, etc.?

Curious minds, y'know? Been thinking about going into the gunbelt biznez myself lately...nothing fancy, but solid, durable heavy-duty belts. Need some inspiration...

Just a small mom and pop shop outside of West Plains, MO. Not sure of the weight of the leather, but it is the same leather used for harnesses. It was the second thickest leather he had in the shop. As far as buckle options, he had everything from the simple, plain ones up to the big 'ol cowboy buckles. I opted for the solid roller buckle.
It will be 1 1/4" wide, with some simple barbed wire tooling along the edges. Black in color. He normally puts the users name on the belt, but I asked that he not do that since it would be off center once I start cutting the belt down.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back