Ankle Holster In The State of Georgia

rock919

I live in the state of Georgia and I have a Concealed License in the state of Georgia. I went to a class and asked a question in regard to a ankle holster. I was told by the instructor that it is illegal to carry a gun in a ankle holster in my state. You can only carry it if you are law enforcement or ex law enforcement. I was told by another gentlemen that this is an old law which would be dismissed in Court because it is a matter of interpratation!! I would appreciate your comments on this. Thank you.

Not being from the Great State of Georgia, I can only assume that CONCEAL CARRY on one person means just that. Having a CC from FLA so I may carry in Ga , I'm well interested in the correct reply. Ga doesn't recognise SC CC, hence my need to secure Fla CC.
Is a shoulder holster OK? Is it only when the moon is in the fifth house of Mars? Is SOB OK if you are an SOB. :sarcastic:
I have read up on most Ga Laws concerning CC and I don't remember ever coming across "ONLY LEGAL WAYS TO CC". Hope others on this site can fill us in better.

There is a bill introduced to get rid of ALL requirements to carry in a holster; however, the current law allows carry in ANY type of holster as follows:

LINK: Link Removed

(c) This Code section shall not permit, outside of his or her home, motor vehicle, or place of business, the concealed carrying of a pistol, revolver, or concealable firearm by any person unless that person has on his or her person a valid license issued under Code Section 16-11-129 and the pistol, revolver, or firearm may only be carried in a shoulder holster, waist belt holster, any other holster, hipgrip, or any other similar device, in which event the weapon may be concealed by the person´s clothing, or a handbag, purse, attache case, briefcase, or other closed container. Carrying on the person in a concealed manner other than as provided in this subsection shall not be permitted and shall be a violation of this Code section.

I think this qualifies for ankle carry.

someone might correct me if I am wrong but SB 308 which was passed in June 2010 (the 8th seems familiar) got rid of the holster requirement. Other than that I have not seen any law making it illegal to ankle carry, its still in a holster correct? The old law gave examples of holsters but was not all encompassing IMHO. Head over to Welcome to GeorgiaPacking.org and check out there section on the laws they are up to date with SB 308 and they even have it in laymen terms. Also GA does not issue Conceal carry permits they were Georgia Firearm License (GFL) but now are Georgia Weapons Permit (GWL) again due to SB 308. The difference is you are allowed to open or conceal carry with your valid permit. Also another great site for carrying in GA is Georgia Carry : An information clearinghouse for Georgia Firearms License issues and news

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back