An open letter to 22lr buyers and seekers

AN OPEN LETTER TO 22LR BUYERS AND SEEKERS
By: Clark Kent
Hello, This letter is for you Mr. and Mrs. American looking to buy .22LR ammunition. Finally, it’s also for you Mrs. ammo reseller who makes daily trips to all of your area Wal Marts and sporting goods stores looking for 22LR at retail price. You get home and put it immediately for sale on Gunbroker, Armslist or at your local gun show at a 200-300% markup.

As I’m sure most people reading this already know, 22LR ammunition is harder to find at retail price than virgin unicorn blood right now. The popular marksmanship program, Appleseed, even has a revised course of fire now that requires fewer rounds of ammo due to the “22 shortage”.

If you think the ammo companies are making less rimfire ammo right now, you’re mistaken. A quick search of AmmoSeek.com shows dozens of websites with thousands, or even tens of thousands, of rounds in stock.LuckyGunner.com shows the same thing. All of those sites are getting and selling new stock daily.
Read More:
Link Removed

Clark Kent has every right to his opinion. I, on the other hand, have every right to purchase things that are for sale. Just recently I bought another 2500 rounds online. What I do with them is my business.

If I'm able to find decent prices online to satiate my desire for ammo, why are others not able to do the same? It took me quite some time and I waited awhile until I found a price I was comfortable with.

I checked for ammo at WM the other night and the clerk was really helpful and dislikes the families that come in and buy up all the stock. He told me of an android app called brassbadger that checks Walmart's ammo stock in your zip code. I now have it installed and it is a great tool.

Really? So did you, in your all knowing wisdom, write the definition for price gouging then genius? Just because gouging "life essential" items is the only form that's illegal doesn't mean that jacking up the prices on non life-essentials isn't gouging. Gouging is commonly defined as raising the price of an item or service above fair market value after some form of shock in the supply chain.
Actually, I DID WRITE THE DEFINITION.... got a problem with that?

I suppose YOU wrote the definition of "fair market value", right????

If YOU WOULD CARE TO LOOK THAT ONE UP, you will find that it is WHAT THE MARKET WILL BEAR....... and if I went to wallyworld and bought 3 boxes, they would now be MINE to do with as I wish... and IF MY WISH is to sell them on the book of face for 3 times what I paid for them, and someone BUYS THEM FROM ME, well, guess what skippy? the market bears it..... otherwise I wouldnt get my asking price.....

I have gave up on finding 22lr or anything for that matter at Walmart a year ago. I have much better luck at well established mom & pop gun shops. Recently picked up 6 boxes of 100 CCI mini mags off armslist for $10@ box. Not cheap, but not bad for HV. I have seen some in other stores and passed it over. Not because of price, but because I HAVE ENOUGH! I like to leave some for the next guy that may be taking his kids shooting or someone that's out. I hate to see people try to buy it all just cause they can, even if they don't really need it. If more people felt and acted this way the shelves would fill back up and the scalpers would be stuck.

I have gave up on finding 22lr or anything for that matter at Walmart a year ago. I have much better luck at well established mom & pop gun shops. Recently picked up 6 boxes of 100 CCI mini mags off armslist for $10@ box. Not cheap, but not bad for HV. I have seen some in other stores and passed it over. Not because of price, but because I HAVE ENOUGH! I like to leave some for the next guy that may be taking his kids shooting or someone that's out. I hate to see people try to buy it all just cause they can, even if they don't really need it. If more people felt and acted this way the shelves would fill back up and the scalpels would be stuck.

What is this mythical "enough" you speak of?? :wink:

Maybe it's just because I have a hard time keeping enough on hand to shoot regularly...

Telpinaro, part of my problem of having enough is finding or making the time to shoot or hunt. Hopefully that will change soon. I'm in the country and have plenty of area to shoot and hunt. That's the sad part :(

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back