Ammunition Restriction At Local Area Stores (That Have Any!)

UKCatFan012

It seems that most of the stores in my local area are now restricting customers to a TOTAL of two boxes of ammunition that can be bought at a time. Both of my sons tried to buy ammunititon today at different gun shops in the local area and were told that they could buy no more than two boxes TOTAL per day. They didn't buy any anyway as the stores didn't have the calibers that they wanted anyway. Guess we can take Charles Bronson's advice in "The Magnificent Seven" - "Forget about shooting the rifle -take hold of the barrel of the rifle and use it as a club!"
:unsure:
Link RemovedLink Removed

Did they ask why? Could the retailer be trying to spread the wealth so more people can purchase?

Thet were both told that it was "a new store policy that went into effect today". It apparently stems from the fact that the stores are both just about out of ammunition and don't have any idea when they will be getting anymore in stock.
One of my son's witnessed one customer buy $1600 worth of ammunition just last Friday in one of the stores though. So I'd say that if you need ammo and got the money, you had better get what you want / need now before it's all gone! The Mass Panic right now is depleting the supply of everything around my area.
Link RemovedLink Removed

$40 for a brick of Remington .22's was the going price locally yesterday. And there was one left on the shelf. Ammo is getting hard to buy.

I got lucky yesterday. My brpther in law said local garage had 14 boxes of 223. I left work that afternoon and bought them all some 9s and some 22 thunderbolt. About 200 bucks.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back