ammo

bro.bryant

what is the best ammo to use for s&W SD40 VE

For a what? Please, I do not know what you are asking. Is it a .40 S&W? I have experience with this in Glocks, a lot.

The Link Removed is a Glock clone by S&W chambered in .40 S&W. It's striker fired, has a 4-inch barrel, and 14+1 capacity.

Given the choice of quality self defense ammunition, there is no such thing as "best." Federal HST, Speer Gold Dot and Hornady Critical Duty are all good options. 180 grain JHP rounds have typically the largest expansion, while lighter rounds (165 and 155 JHP) have typically more energy.

The most important issue is that you need to make sure that your self defense ammunition feeds reliably in your gun.

Just get whatever quality name brand ammo you find. Personally, I'd stay away from the exotic stuff that isn't proven. I use Hornady American Gunner 180gr hollow points in mine for carry. But at the range, I just shoot CCI Blazer and Federal Champion aluminum case ammo. This pistol is a pig. It eats everything you feed it!

L8R,
Matt

Sent from my QMV7A using USA Carry mobile app

Just make sure you fire enough though your gun to check if your gun feeds and cycles your self defense ammo without issues.

Also make sure that you don't pay way too much for self defense ammo. For example, SGAmmo.com currently has Link Removed per 50-round box + shipping and Link Removed per 50-round box + shipping. Both are proven rounds used by law enforcement. You can get Link Removed for $479.00 + shipping and 500 rounds of Link Removed for $299.50 + shipping.

That really is a rather "strange" question, implying that the OPs gun is somehow very different from all other guns in terms of ammunition to use.
Buy several different brands and see how they perform. Your gun is your gun, and will not necessarily like the same ammo my guns like.
Ammunition choice is based on what you are trying to achieve. Simply shooting at the range to get better? Buy the cheap stuff and practice, a lot. Self Defense? Find what works in your gun reliably. Competition? Either the most accurate you can find or the one that meets power factor, if action pistol.
The implication from the question would be that all ammo should be labeled for what guns it is designed for.

I stopped to my local Walmart today to pick up some ammo for the range, and overheard a conversation between an employee and customer about Walmart starting to abandon ammo sales nation wide. Anybody heard that? I know they have cut back in Delaware, and ammo purchases are spotty at best.

Before I handloaded I always bought 50 rounds of a few different brands to see what worked best. Sometimes a gun will not work with certain ammo. If yours is chambered like a Glock is, it'll feed just about anything. I'd put factory new loaded brass through it for break-in, though. Check with your manual or the manufacturer to find the break-in period (amount of rounds).

The US Government Department of Reclaimation which has the responsibility for managing water and resources has just put an order in for 54,000 rounds of ammo. Wonder what they are going to do with that. Maybe shoot into the ground and make new wells?

I stopped to my local Walmart today to pick up some ammo for the range, and overheard a conversation between an employee and customer about Walmart starting to abandon ammo sales nation wide. Anybody heard that? I know they have cut back in Delaware, and ammo purchases are spotty at best.

I've definitely heard of this happening, which is why I'm happy I stay away from them when it comes to purchasing guns and ammo. Just heard about LAX Ammo holding a parking lot sale so I will be heading there this weekened to stock up! Can't wait to hit the range again!

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back