Ammo Manufacturers Shutdown Time?

UATKP

Uncle Al
I was at our local WalMart today, talking with one of the people who handle the ammo and arms sales. He said that he could no longer order any ammunition specifically (recent orders from WalMart), and that WalMart would send each store ammunition as it felt they had need; and the reason for this new policy was because the ammunition manufacturers always shut down their operations in January to clean, and replace and retool as necessary to keep up with demands. I told him I'd never heard of such a shutdown, and he stated it is normal.
BTW, shelves were nearly empty, and they were out of 9mm (and other popular cals).

Has anyone ever heard of this before? Or is he just spewing hot air.?

I have never seen the shelves for ammunition so bare in all my life. I am wondering if the Government has anything to do with it. Like making sure we don`t get too much ammo. Are they buying it all up? what gives? any input?

Walmart responds to ?suspended ammo? story

I'm pretty sure we'll hear all kinds of excuses. Why would every single ammunition company choose the same exact time and month to do the same exact thing? I call crap, most operations have multiple "presses." When one goes down, the others stay up. It's the same with any manufacturing process.. Ford doesn't close it's doors because one machine needs to be fixed.

Automotive industry does this, but they don't run out of cars. It took me a week just to find .22LR. I was at Cabela's in Michigan and they are out of almost everything but shotgun shells.

I heard something similar this evening on a stop to Wally-World. Manager said they have suspended all orders for the time being. Something to do with the Biden thing and saying that Wal-Mart was the biggest seller of semi-autos or something. Which is bull...they sell hunting rifles and shotguns mainly. They recently started selling AR's but that came to a halt. One of our other walmarts gets ammo deliveries on Friday but goes quick. The only thing left on our shelves is 30.06 and 222. Even short on shotgun shells.

I have never seen the shelves for ammunition so bare in all my life. I am wondering if the Government has anything to do with it. Like making sure we don`t get too much ammo. Are they buying it all up? what gives? any input?

No, even the government is having a problem getting ammo for the various agencies like FBI and Border Patrol.

I just went to my local Wally World to buy some .380's. While paying for my ammo I was discussing the empty shelves and the associate said that it has been tough getting stock. That they are getting whatever Corporate sends to her. She mentioned that the store just a few miles away had gotten several boxes of 9's and 45's and some other caliber I don't recall that same day.

It's not uncommon. My company has a shutdown every year for 2 weeks to perform pm's and machine overhauls. So I can see this. But for the last 2 years the demand for our products has been so high that we have not shutdown and they fix stuff as a line becomes available.

Walmart is so full of S***................I have no doubt that the ammunition suppliers have a shut down period for maintinance and re-tooling of their machines. Due to demand and depletion of stock they never anticipated the demand that has occurred the past 5 weeks. What are our chance of getting our ammo before the government, Yeh, silly friggin question

I'm just glad this whole situation has added more fuel to all the conspiracy theories out there. I mean how the hell else am I gonna shoot my bigfoots and feel safe when I investigate a UFO crash?
:drag:
Give me a break.
I'm sure in a matter of a few months stocks will be back up again. It's not like the ammo or gun industry saw this coming so they weren't prepared for the influx of sales. Pretty much all there is to it.

I'm just glad this whole situation has added more fuel to all the conspiracy theories out there. I mean how the hell else am I gonna shoot my bigfoots and feel safe when I investigate a UFO crash?
:drag:
Give me a break.
I'm sure in a matter of a few months stocks will be back up again. It's not like the ammo or gun industry saw this coming so they weren't prepared for the influx of sales. Pretty much all there is to it.

All ammo backorded minimum 6 months..........look around.

Our Walmart is getting ammo but sells as quick as it comes in. Today they got in an AR it was sold in seconds Don't bad mouth Wally world they do more for hunting than target Kmart or any other store in most towns

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back