am i going to have to shoot him?

9runn1

Hi, a female friend (just a friend and not like a girlfriend) of mine has an ex-husband that is threating me with severe bodily harm. Evidently another person he had made similar threats to was getting out of his car at home and this guy blind sided him and beat the living crap out of the guy breaking his jaw, collar bone. the guy reported it but said he didnt know who it was. I live in wash. st. and possess a concealed weapons permit, unfortunately i do not own a firearm at the moment. i hate the idea of having to look over my shoulder but from what he told me is that he will be seeing me soon.
Does anyone have any ideas on how i should handle this? Does my C.W.P. cover me carrying other concealled weapons? I have no doubt that this guy is capable of doing me severe damage.

Thanks for your imput, I appreciate you taking the time to read this and hopefully pointing me in a good direction.

Jon (9runn1)

Well if he blind sides you, it most likely won't matter. If you have a concealed permit, they should have explained the laws to you and given you some ideas on where to look.

Thinking more to the story if the Ex wants to stomp you than put in the post. Good luck

Scurry your butt on over to the nearest police station and tell the nice interviewing officer what you just told us. Otherwise you're, probably, going to have to move and find yourself a new job real fast!

Who has a CWP but doesn't own a gun?

d0ba575ba162c64e6c651a0cf7f429e8a4712c6a8387ab74333a0493809d5a97.jpg

Who has a CWP but doesn't own a gun?

d0ba575ba162c64e6c651a0cf7f429e8a4712c6a8387ab74333a0493809d5a97.jpg

So, 1 night i come home and a friend of mine i've known for years, went to high school with him even, showed up as i was getting into the shower. Told him to grab something to drink and i'd be out in a 10 minutes. i had put my 9 (browning hi power 9mm made in belgium assembled in portugal) on my dresser like i always did. i get out of the shower walk out to the living room and he wasn't there. i called his name and walked out to the shop......not there. about 15minutes later i walk into the bedroom and noticed my gun was gone. Never saw him again. I guess im a f@%king idiot, I didn't realize I was suppose to turn in my CWP if someone steals my gun.

I see what falls from your face hole is inspired by cartoon characters, how nice! Im sure your family is proud...... they even let you make up your own name, good job.

So, 1 night i come home and a friend of mine i've known for years, went to high school with him even, showed up as i was getting into the shower. Told him to grab something to drink and i'd be out in a 10 minutes. i had put my 9 (browning hi power 9mm made in belgium assembled in portugal) on my dresser like i always did. i get out of the shower walk out to the living room and he wasn't there. i called his name and walked out to the shop......not there. about 15minutes later i walk into the bedroom and noticed my gun was gone. Never saw him again. I guess im a f@%king idiot, I didn't realize I was suppose to turn in my CWP if someone steals my gun.

First, I don't think it is unusual for someone to have a CWP but not own a firearm. I know two such people and there are lots of imaginable scenarios where that might happen. It really isn't much different from having a CWP and then not carrying 24/7.

Second, I can't believe that your "friend" wasn't easily caught by the police. A stolen firearm usually gets high priority by the detective squad. Even Barney Fife could find someone starting with his full name and high school record. So I'm not buying either of your stories.

In Washington, it's $55 ish dollars for a permit. I could easily see him having one but no firearm.

This guy...has more problems that a firearm won't fix. Good luck to you.

Sent from my D6616 using USA Carry mobile app

I see what falls from your face hole is inspired by cartoon characters, how nice! Im sure your family is proud...... they even let you make up your own name, good job.

I guess you live in one of those states that requires you to turn in your drivers license if you car is stolen too.

1. You should march yourself down to the police station and file an order of protection/restraining order against this wacko. Explain to them that you have been threatened with physical violence, get it on record. This way if he does kill or beats the chit out of you police will have a number one suspect. 2. While you are still at the police station, tell them your "9mm made in Belgium assembled in Portugal" was stolen by your friend and give them his name and last known address. Hopefully you still have the serial number of this gun. 3. Please practice some form of birth control or have yourself fixed.

Jon (9runn1), realize that this and other firearm Forums have from time to time trolls with first-time posts that don't make much sense when the "story" gets explored deeper. Sometimes, it is a gun control activist trying to stir the pot and sometimes it is just a person that makes stuff up as they go. Let's see how this thread develops. We will know soon.

As for your stolen firearm, you reported it stolen to the local police department, right? Otherwise, you may become the primary suspect and may be even held responsible if any crime is committed with it.

As for receiving threats, is there any actual evidence, like witnesses, postal mail, or voice mail? Go to the local police department and report it. This is not meant for you to get protection, but for the record to document the threats. You can even file a police report without any evidence. Understand that your report will be investigated and the accused person will be questioned.

Go to Handgunlaw.us to identify what your Washington State Concealed Pistol License (CPL and not CWP) is good for. Hint, as the name says, it's good for carrying a concealed pistol. You will also find a description of the applicable laws for chemical sprays and stun guns, as well as, a link to your state's knife laws.

Read up on your state's firearms, deadly weapons, and deadly force laws:
Understand that self defense with lethal means is justifiable only under specific circumstances, i.e., the imminent threat of death or great bodily harm to yourself or someone else. You can't just shoot a person on-sight on the street, because he threatened you a week ago. The thread must be imminent, or you will go to jail. Also understand that self defense does not always involve lethal means. If you can run away, run away. If you can use a chemical spray (and know how to use it), use the chemical spray. Deadly force should be your last option, i.e., when it is needed and justifiable, not your first option, i.e., when you are scared and have no clue what to do about.

In any case, avoid the need for committing a justifiable homicide in the first place. Situational awareness is key, as well as, avoiding and deescalating any confrontation. There are many people on the street that are capable and willing to do you harm. You just realized the threat is real in this case, because you had advance warning.

Check out your local gun range and get a self defense class. There are usually classes for self defense without a gun and for self defense with a gun. The classes for self defense without a gun typically teach situational awareness and preventative measures, like getting a cheap home security system from Home Depot.

1. You should march yourself down to the police station and file an order of protection/restraining order against this wacko. Explain to them that you have been threatened with physical violence, get it on record. This way if he does kill or beats the chit out of you police will have a number one suspect. 2. While you are still at the police station, tell them your "9mm made in Belgium assembled in Portugal" was stolen by your friend and give them his name and last known address. Hopefully you still have the serial number of this gun. 3. Please practice some form of birth control or have yourself

All of this: This friend, his theft of your pistol, should already have been reported. Plus getting the threats on record will serve you well if you do end up having to defend yourself.

There seem to be some serious mindset deficiencies with the OP.

You're baiting. Knock off the crap. Call the cops and file a report. Posting a question about shooting him will come-up at your trial should you do it.

One thing about Washington - local governments cannot regulate firearms possession more strictly than state law - but they can regulate other weapons. Seattle, for example, has some pretty strict knife laws. The answer to your question, "Does my CPL cover other weapons" is no.

Something stinks about the OP's 2nd post. May smell it from here. Smells like rotten meat and blatant stupidity.

If someone is attacking you, and you fear grave bodily injury or death, make-up your own mind about what to do.

Have you depended on the nanny state all your life?

Worse yet, do you know nothing of your own state's firearms laws and concealed carry laws?

You sir, are an idiot.

I will apologize if I'm wrong about you, just so you know.

Ball is in your court. Service please.

Such long posts and a bunch of them, for a OP 13 year old with a new smartphone for xmas. You guys buy any bridges in Brooklyn as kids watching cartoons?

Scurry your butt on over to the nearest police station and tell the nice interviewing officer what you just told us. Otherwise you're, probably, going to have to move and find yourself a new job real fast!

Yes I agree and one more thing. Delete your post!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back