ALTRA CREDIT UNION lacrosse wisconsin

hunterws

Was there yesterday doing some banking for a family member that is home-bound. As I walked up to the door, there's the nice new sticker ... no firearms / weapons allowed, concealed or otherwise.

So, walked back to my car and secured my weapon for a 30 second transaction. How dumb! Wouldn't you want law-abiding people with firearms in a bank?

IMO, they just made themselves a big ol target with a bullseye on the roof.

I'm working on getting my family member to change banks, but she is pretty set in her ways, so probably won't happen.

https://www.altra.org/default.aspx For kids, by kids.

Its just a sign, its not the law, conceal it and go about your business. No way I would of dis armed myself.

Its just a sign, its not the law, conceal it and go about your business. No way I would of dis armed myself.

In Wi, it is the law ... that little sign can get me a ticket for not obeying it.

"Businesses and property owners may generally prohibit people from carrying concealed weapons in their buildings and property. These prohibitions do not
typically extend to parking areas, and there are limiting qualifications for apartment buildings, etc. See “RESTRICTIONS BY BUSINESSES AND PROPERTY OWNERS” in the DOJ’s FAQ document. Notice can be verbal or via signs posted at common entrances.21"
Link Removed

My apologizes I thought I had read that wi law is like Ia law, where u had to be asked to leave and if you didn't trespassing charges would be filed. Then yes i would look into switching banks:)

Being home bound your family member has already lost much of the control over their life. Personally I would not like it but I would not push the issue. I suspect that my love would allow me to set aside my personal security for a few minutes every now and then. I would, however, go out of my way to a branch that had a drive-up window. I would also introduce myself to the branch manager and politely express my concerns. If he/she seemed even a little receptive I might request a letter from the manager on company letterhead allowing you to CC. If you are verbally permitted to carry then explain that if they were not there one day then you might wind up with an arrest on your record even if it is later dismissed the arrest will remain on your record for life. Good luck.

I would not rush to switch banks for that. I would take Caribou's advice and speak to the branch manager or stick to the drive through. As far as making themselves a target, banks will always be targets sticker or no stickers on the doors. Don't get me wrong I am all about being able to defend myself/family while running errands but the law is what it is and if WI says you have to obey the stickers then I would obey the stickers rather than risk loosing my permit all together.

Thanks for the posts caribou and kensethfan. I won't make too big of a stink, and will still run errands. Should I get injured in their establishment, it is up to them to defend me. Meaning, they're liable for my well-being when they disarm me .. and who better to sue than an anti AND A BANK. ha I couldn't go through the drive-thru as I had to use the ATM ... although their entire bank is an ATM now, there are no teller windows, just faceless troughs you belly up to to do your banking. The bank is weird.

On a side note, I bounced from bank to bank to bank for my personal bank a while back, as the ones that are national franchises kept implementing more rules to mess with my account, so finally settled in to a nice local bank, where there are only 3 in existence, they always say hi when you walk in, and they feel fine letting me carry my 9mm. They don't charge for a checking account either, like wells fargo, associated, and others... free checking is so basic, when they start charging for that, it makes you wonder where else they're charging you, or going to.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back