Alternate carry methods

rich95662

Hi- I am a new CCW holder and while I have a good crossbred holster I carry a full size Ruger 9mm so it is not always practical to carry it on my person when dressed in office attire with a more form fitting shirt. I have a 5.11 tactical briefcase with a concealed compartment for the gun and bring it to work that way. Does anyone else have a situation where they need to use an alternative way to carry besides IWB holsters?

Hi- I am a new CCW holder and while I have a good crossbred holster I carry a full size Ruger 9mm so it is not always practical to carry it on my person when dressed in office attire with a more form fitting shirt. I have a 5.11 tactical briefcase with a concealed compartment for the gun and bring it to work that way. Does anyone else have a situation where they need to use an alternative way to carry besides IWB holsters?

I use a Miami Vice style leather shoulder holster during winter just because I can easily conceal my SigP220 or my 686 Revolver, and it's comfortable carrying like that, plus I can wear it under a suit jacket too. In summer, when I cannot easily conceal a large weapon, I switch to a smaller one and either have it in my "fanny pack" which stays on me all the time (so I don't leave the gun unattended and somehow forget it somewhere by accident), or one could also get a small .380 pocket size gun and keep it in a pocket type holster, maybe have a couple extra mags too. It's hard to just have one carry gun I've found, since there are times you have to adapt to the weather and what you are wearing. I'm not a big fan of carrying in something that could get accidently "left behind" somewhere. I don't want to be "that guy" who left their gun at a restaurant or in a bathroom stall....

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back