Alert to washingtonians!!!!

Some states are over-stepping their authority. You can not just say we want to ban a lot of guns. This is getting ridiculous, New York has no right saying people can have weapons with 7 rounds or less. All states need to rethink the fact that the constitution affirms the right to carry arms. Background checks are fine, 10 round magazines are fine, even banning assault rifles can be lived with. But to ban any more guns is getting ridiculous.

:dirol:

Some states are over-stepping their authority. You can not just say we want to ban a lot of guns. This is getting ridiculous, New York has no right saying people can have weapons with 7 rounds or less. All states need to rethink the fact that the constitution affirms the right to carry arms. Background checks are fine, 10 round magazines are fine, even banning assault rifles can be lived with. But to ban any more guns is getting ridiculous.

"...even banning assault rifles can be lived with..."

WTF? You are sounding exactly like them!
Are you for real?
More likely a troll.

cluznar think again. In US v Miller the Supreme Court established that the 2nd Amendment applies to weapons with a military purpose. In D.C. v Heller the Supreme Court established that the right to bear arms is an individual right. We should not tolerate banning any magazines or any rifles, not just "oh it's ok as long as they don't ban the ones I own". If you let them ban the "assault rifles" they will eventually get around to banning yours. And by the way, the AR-15 and its ilk are not assault rifles. They don't have burst or full automatic fire like their military brethren, the M16/M4. I don't know of any military anywhere that carries the AR-15. I remind you that "AR" in AR-15 doesn't stand for "assault rifle" it stands for Armalite, the company that developed the rifle before licensing it to Colt.

Any city or state infringing upon the second amendment in any way is over stepping their authority. they are not above the constitution any more than the feds are, no matter how much they or the president ignore this fact. The fact of the matter is any restrictions are unconstitutional, and should be ruled as such or ignored. the second amendment is there so we the people can be as well armed as the governemnt. Any bans or restrictions applied must be applied to everyone, civilian, government, law enforcement, military, etc... Of course, this wouldnt happen because then they would not have control over us, which is what they want. And yes, unconstitutional laws should be ignored, the problem is that most people wouldnt. Hopefully if anything passes everyone will ignore it.

This is not the only bill that threatens us! Visit the NRA website. There are two more (don't remember them off hand). This just shows more and more that the government doesn't trust us! We are the law-abiding, tax-paying, voting citizens and we are being treated worse than the criminals who don't follow the law. I fear for this country. I joined the Marine Corps thinking I was making a difference like so many of the brave American men and women before me... Apparently I was wrong. I'm disgusted with where this country is headed.

You guys need to remove the politicians who proposed and supported that at the next elections, unless you can recal me from office and get them out sooner. That said, good job and stay alert.

You're right we need them gone. Unfortunately Patty Murray is the driving force and she's been in office almost 25 years so its not easy

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back