Aftermath of self defense

Bruce8585

Where would be the best place to find out what to do after shooting someone in self defense?
People have all kinds of ideas. "Leaving the scene, securing weapons, not calling to police at all, aid the attacker" Just wondering if anyone can point to some good materials or any advice, or experience.
Trying to get something engrained in my head whIle I'm getting everything put together. 1st year CWP.
Thanks!

Confidence is what you Carry! - Glock

NRA Personal Protection Outside the Home curriculum covers this heavily. There's a great section in the accompanying book. We spend a lot of time teaching this in PP class. You can get the book directly from the NRA store.
Most importantly - You have the right to remain silent. Use it. No speaking with police until you consult an attorney.

NRA Personal Protection Outside the Home curriculum covers this heavily. There's a great section in the accompanying book. We spend a lot of time teaching this in PP class. You can get the book directly from the NRA store.
Most importantly - You have the right to remain silent. Use it. No speaking with police until you consult an attorney.

Good advice there's also a really good discussion on this very topic posted at THR in the S&T forum (you have to be a forum member to access it)

Careful getting info from gun sites though. Lot's of well-meaning people who's advice may get you arrested.

Careful getting info from gun sites though. Lot's of well-meaning people who's advice may get you arrested.

True.

That said the thread I'm talking about is a sticky at the top of their sub forum and it's been vetted by trainers and lawyers both. It's not the definitive word on the subject but it's a good start point

Massad Ayoob has written several books on the subject, has related monthly columns in some of the news stand gun magazines, and has a related blog section on GlockTalk. He serves as an expert witness in this subject area from time to time. His latest book on the subject is...

Deadly Force: Understanding Your Right to Self Defense Link Removed

I have not yet read this one, but have read its predecessor.

The Armed Citizens Legal Defense Network is also a source for information as well as self defense insurance.

You can put on a raincoat to gas up the car when it is raining, or you can keep the tank full by checking the weather report and filling up on sunny days.

Sure you need to spend time studying what needs to be done after the fact, but 100 times more effort needs to done figuring how to stay out of harms way in the first place.

Of course avoiding a situation which would lead to your having to defend yourself is important. That doesn't mean you should not learn how to conduct yourself should you have to defend yourself or your loved ones.

Sent from my XT1049 using USA Carry mobile app

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back