Absolutely Outdoors Shoots Itself in the Foot!

VA Pete

Absolutely Outdoors is a gun store in the Richmond area.

This report comes from the VCDL Mini-Update of 7/2/14:

3. If you like being insulted, do we have a Virginia gun store for you!

A VCDL member brought to our attention a “No loaded guns” sign on the door of Absolute Outdoors in New Kent. EM Ed Levine sent them an email to confirm that policy.

First, let me say that many gun stores have a “no loaded guns” policy. That’s because, unlike pretty much any other public place around, people are actually drawing guns and handling them in a gun store. That said, many stores have a better policy of saying that a person can have a holstered, loaded handgun as long as the gun never leaves the holster while the owner is in the store.

So, if the “no loaded guns” was indeed Absolute Outdoors's policy, it wouldn’t be the best policy, but it wouldn’t be uncommon for such a business.

However, the response Ed got back was, well, unbelievable and uncalled for.

We report, you decide.

Here is Ed’s email to Absolute Outdoors:

On Jun 30, 2014 10:04 AM, <Ed> wrote:

Hi -

Someone told me that you guys have a sign on your door that prohibits the lawful carry of firearms by customers (unless they are law enforcement). [PVC: Here I will note that Ed should have said “...the lawful carry of a LOADED firearm by customers…” However, this would have been a good opportunity for the gun store to set the record straight.]

I just wanted to confirm that before I put the word out to 30,000 Virginia gun owners.

Thanks,

Ed Levine
Founder - Virginia Open Carry
Executive Member - Virginia Citizens Defense League
NRA - Life member and Instructor
GOA - member

The response back to Ed:

In a message dated 6/30/2014 11:16:22 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time, [email protected] writes:

You need to add to your list of titles:

Loser
Idiot
In desperate need of a life
life long member of the tiny **** club
Just plain stupid

Now that better describes you.

Rick Baker, owner

I'm usually there everyday so you should drop by and see me little man.

Sounds like Sarah Brady wrote that clever response to Ed. Ed was in the Marines, so I’m not so sure that the “little man” thing fits him very well. ;-)

There are lots of gun stores out there and I know that I, for one, won’t be headed to Absolute Outdoors anytime soon. I’ll be spending my money with gun dealers that treat gun owners in a friendly and respectful manner. There are plenty of them out there.

VA-ALERT is a project of the Virginia Citizens Defense League, Inc.
(VCDL). VCDL is an all-volunteer, non-partisan grassroots organization
dedicated to defending the human rights of all Virginians. The Right to
Keep and Bear Arms is a fundamental human right.

VCDL web page: Link Removed [Link Removed

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back