Above the law? Or at least a parking ticket?

S&WM&P40

How many people have seen a parking enforcement officer not write a ticket to a police officer? Off duty officer parks in a "No parking zone" or parks their car in a two hour parking zone, yet gets no ticket and is allowed to stay parked there.

We have a guy who walks around with the chalk stick marking tires of cars who are parked in the "Two hour zone." If two hours have past from the time he marked the tire and they are still there, he writes them a ticket.

At the same time we have a few officers who park their private cars in the two hour zone and leave them there all shift. I have yet to see them get a ticket for it.

I'm going to watch the guy the next time I see him marking cars, if he does not mark the officers car as well I'm going to file a complaint with the department and the city.

Per state law he is DUTY bound to up the law and preform the duties of his job.

TITLE LXII
CRIMINAL CODE
CHAPTER 643
ABUSE OF OFFICE

643:1 Official Oppression. – A public servant, as defined in RSA 640:2, II, is guilty of a misdemeanor if, with a purpose to benefit himself or another or to harm another, he knowingly commits an unauthorized act which purports to be an act of his office; or knowingly refrains from performing a duty imposed on him by law or clearly inherent in the nature of his office.

Public servant as defined by RSA 640:2,II is
(a) "Public servant'' means any officer or employee of the state or any political subdivision thereof, including judges, legislators, consultants, jurors, and persons otherwise performing a governmental function. A person is considered a public servant upon his election, appointment or other designation as such, although he may not yet officially occupy that position. A person is a candidate for electoral office upon his public announcement of his candidacy.

Good luck, my idealistic friend.

In a mature society, "civil servant" is semantically equal to "civil master."
--R.A. Heinlein

If you have a Deputy friend who will give you a couple of business cards, you might try leaving a business card atop your dash and see what level of parking enforcement you experience. Some departments have for years had tiny unobtrusive stickers on personal vehicles (changed every few years), which functioned well to prevent an Officer's wife from receiving traffic tickets from any traffic Officer in that dept. Back when I worked in Seattle in the late 70's, all it took was a "D" license plate (City Government; I happen to work for Seattle City Light) to make you immune to parking tickets. Times have changed since then, the sharks feed on each other; parking cops will ticket other City departments (though I'm sure they'd never ticket a cop).

Good luck fighting City Hall, but do not expect justice or fairness.

Good luck, my idealistic friend.

In a mature society, "civil servant" is semantically equal to "civil master."
--R.A. Heinlein

If you have a Deputy friend who will give you a couple of business cards, you might try leaving a business card atop your dash and see what level of parking enforcement you experience. Some departments have for years had tiny unobtrusive stickers on personal vehicles (changed every few years), which functioned well to prevent an Officer's wife from receiving traffic tickets from any traffic Officer in that dept. Back when I worked in Seattle in the late 70's, all it took was a "D" license plate (City Government; I happen to work for Seattle City Light) to make you immune to parking tickets. Times have changed since then, the sharks feed on each other; parking cops will ticket other City departments (though I'm sure they'd never ticket a cop).

Good luck fighting City Hall, but do not expect justice or fairness.

Even if it goes nowhere,the next person who gets s ticket for the same offense will have grounds to fight it in court. I never park down town for more then a few seconds.

IF you know how to work the system, that two hours can turn into 4 hours. If the sign says two hour parking"This side" after two hours you move your car to the other side of the street giving yourself another two hours.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back