A LOT of questions need answers!

AdamB

I have read the laws but nothing that I have read has helped me understand any of what I am looking for.
I am Military (read currently in Reserves) and while on Active Duty purchased a handgun. In GA, House Bill 60 allows any military to carry/conceal a handgun with just a military ID. With that being said, I also read that TN will honor GA license, does this mean that I am okay with my military ID in TN? I have also read that you have to be a resident to apply for a hand gun, however, being in the military and my home of record in GA, how will this work. I am allowed to keep my drivers license from GA when moving to TN due to being in the Military.
I will be moving to TN for a job in Nashville, TN on October 3, 2016. I am in the reserves and drill in GA and my home of record is in GA as well. House Bill 60 allows military in GA to carry with just a military ID - this is our carry/conceal license.

What do I need to do to carry my weapon in TN?
Will my military ID suffice as GA license?
What do I need to show for proof as a TN resident? (Ga allows me FREE drivers license and I do not have to change it to live in a new state due to being military)

What are my next steps?
Can anyone help me?

PLEASE!

Thanks in advance for the help.
Adam B.

Go here:

Link Removed

You will need a permit. When you move to Tennessee, you will need to get a Tennessee permit within 6 months.

I have read that site as well, it didnt really answer the questions in my OP. If you have answers to those, that would be great.

To be clear, your military ID is not a GA Weapons Carry License. Therefore, you do not have any reciprocity benefits whatsoever in any other state. If you had a GA Weapons Carry License, you could carry in TN for the first six months. Unfortunately, you are moving in 2 weeks, so it is a little bit late to get the GA Weapons Carry License now.

Get a TN Handgun Carry Permit instead. Here is the main page for Link Removed. Here is the information on Link Removed. Note that TN issues resident and non-resident permits. However, you will be treated as a TN resident as you will live work and pay taxes in TN. New residents holding a driver license from another state must obtain a TN driver license no later than 30 days after establishing residency (Link Removed).

To be clear, your military ID is not a GA Weapons Carry License. Therefore, you do not have any reciprocity benefits whatsoever in any other state. If you had a GA Weapons Carry License, you could carry in TN for the first six months. Unfortunately, you are moving in 2 weeks, so it is a little bit late to get the GA Weapons Carry License now.

Get a TN Handgun Carry Permit instead. Here is the main page for Link Removed. Here is the information on Link Removed. Note that TN issues resident and non-resident permits. However, you will be treated as a TN resident as you will live work and pay taxes in TN. New residents holding a driver license from another state must obtain a TN driver license no later than 30 days after establishing residency (Link Removed).

Thank You!

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back