A Handy Headboard

The "mattress and couch holster" looks like it would be easy to make out of a old holster that is taking up drawer space, by fastening it to a "L" bracket to slip between the mattress and box springs. Worth trying.

I like most everything by Tactical Walls, but I have a feeling my walls will not like them. (My house was made by a very strange person...)

Or maybe this one: Link Removed

Can't do the cool mattress one with a little kid around. I trust him, and he knows better... but just to be safe.

I got this at a gun show for $20. They're selling them online for $30.

Link Removed
I've tried numerous mattress holsters from gun shows and web sites over the last several years. The best has turned out to be the simplest and one of the least expensive.
Link Removed
Bed Holster - 548874, Holsters at Sportsman's Guide
With all of the others, particularly those you mount your own holster to, the gun tends to wobble or flop around loosely because you never can get the holster attached to the bracket tight enough. The design above is about as simple as you can get, and with two different size leather straps on it, it will fit most handguns.

I never gave even a passing thought to keeping a gun under my pillow. That's a suggestion from Hollywood, who would also have you believe you can catch a roadrunner by launching yourself down the road with a giant slingshot attached to a boulder. As for having a gun at the ready while in bed, there are many far more practical and less expensive ways to do it. And I'm not discounting the concept either. I'm just saying having a panel that drops a shotgun down with not much more than a tap from your knuckles is ridiculously impractical. A door with a stronger spring and a sturdier mount for the gun would be a much more attractive option, so the concept itself isn't flawed. It's just the way they had it set up in that clip that was pretty useless.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back