9x25 Dillon

Tea Man

For months I've been wanting to try the 9x25 Dillon with my G29. Last month I thought WTH, get it. I ordered an LWD 9x25 barrel and some ammo from Underwood.

After my first session at the range with this caliber I had to replace the recoil springs to stronger springs so I ordered a 21# set form Wolff because it is non-captive. I also ordered another box from Uw.

It is much better and I gotta tell you, this is a darn powerful 9mm cartridge (10mm necked down to 9mm) and puts you above the 357mag territory.

The 357mag has a proven record of stopping threats so I feel confident carrying my G29 loaded with the Uw 9x25. The Uw round rated at 1700 fps for 796 fpe does 1522 average out of G29 and produce 638 fpe.

I like it. :smile:

How is the recoil in comparison to hot 10mm loads, such as those from Underwood?

Do you have any practical application in mind or is this just for fun?

pretty much the same as Uw 10mm 180 and nothing particular in mind, just SD and range. :tongue:

Against what? I haven't seen any gel test videos of such hot 9x25 Dillon. For a JHP round, there is the risk that it would disintegrate due to the high velocity and not reach proper penetration. A FN-FMJ or hardcast round could offer superior penetration.

I either carry 10mm 180 gr JHP Hornady XTP for self defense against 2-legged predators and 10mm 200 gr hardcast Underwood for self defense against 4-legged predators in my Glock 20. I know that the JHP round will go 17 inches. I also know that the hardcast round will penetrate dense animal meat deeply and shatter bones.

It penetrated 7 water jugs if that's any indication. Anyway I normally carry Uw 10mm 200 XTP but I have faith that the 9x25 will do the job in SD. It's no different than a 357mag.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back