9mm costs more than .45 ACP

I just clicked the ad banner on this site for Alamo Ammo and they do have 9mm in stock however it is more expensive than the .45 ACP there. Has anyone noticed this other places that actually has 9mm in stock?

I have noticed Dunham's is gouging, but not so much other places. Dunham's in Muskegon, MI is selling FMJ handgun ammo for $36 to $40 per box of 50.

I guess i'll look at as an opportunity to stock up on anything other than 9mm. The importance of owning multiple handgun calibers is clear now. Andrew, were those prices for 9mm? Did you notice what I did on the Alamo site with 9mm being more than .45 ACP and now .40 (since I just checked)?

In Raleigh, if you can find it 9mm the 50 round box is twice what it was in November of 2012. I mentioned on another post that I have been lucky on a couple of occassions in the past few weeks and found 9mm at Gander Mountain in the 1000 rd bulk box. Out the door $262.00. 50 round boxes of .40 S&W are high dollar as well and right up there with the .45 ACP. Be patient and check the stores when you can periodically, 40 and 9mm are the first to go from what I have seen in this area. I have been guilty of paying the premiums of the price gouging on .40 S&W just to get my stock back up. Now it's just watching the sales and what's in stock. I may not do a lot of target practicing for the time being until I see ammo more readilly available and at a fair price. Good Luck to you.

Aaaahhhhhhh, we're finally getting the message from the Gov't. Popular ammo will not be disseminated commercially. Where do you think the billions of rounds of 45 ACP went when they adopted the 9mm for the military?

Alamo Ammo is gouging the public, and I won't ever purchase from them because of it. I'll just use reloads.

Does that mean that we are underpricing our 9mm FMJ? 250 round UMC boxes at $100. No, it means others are price gouging. Price before the silliness started was $319/1000.

If we're going to have to rely on a free market system based upon a government based manipulation of the free market, or for at least the last 100 years, then will have to accommodate Gov't control of this "Free Market". We've let it happen, we're responsible. Who is John Galt?

If we're going to have to rely on a free market system based upon a government based manipulation of the free market, or for at least the last 100 years, then will have to accommodate Gov't control of this "Free Market". We've let it happen, we're responsible. Who is John Galt?
We are..................................

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back