.22mag ammo choice for SD

flcracker

My recent purchase of a NAA .22mag has me curious as to the best choice of rounds to use in it as a CCW SD pistol.

For anyone who currently owns or carries one on a fairly regular basis, all advise or comments are most appreciated.

Thanks y'all,

FLc

I find it hard to trust rim fire ammunition for SD, mainly due to reliability issues I've had in the past. If I had to pick a brand, stick with CCI. They have been the most reliable for me.

'preciate it..

There are ballistic charts at NAA this is one of the choices...

Link Removed

Thanks much...this link was very helpful...

I live in a long, hot, and humid summer climate and for the past 8 years or so, my EDC has been a da/sa .45acp. It conceals well in a IWB holster under an untucked, collared over-shirt. But it's sometimes just a bit much to wear, especially if I'm not really going anywhere that I might expect 'trouble'...

The NAA is carried in a IWB clip-on, and will stay well concealed even wearing just shorts and a t-shirt...Granted it isn't nearly the 'firepower' that the .45 will provide, but at least I feel pretty secure that it would do well in a pinch.

The ammo it's currently loaded with, is Hornady 'V-Max' 30gr. They seem to be a pretty hot round, and in a CQC situation, will likely do some serious damage. They were given to me by a close friend, as there was none of any make to be found in my area or online at all, after I bought the NAA.

I still consider the .45 to be my primary, but I really like the ease of carry with that lil' pocket-rocket...Just want to have the best and most effective SD ammo in it if ever needed.

Best,

FLc

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back