1st Time CC (unique setting?)

SnowManSnow

yup, its another CCW thread for a first timer.
I realize the feeling of being paranoid will subside as I get use to the idea, its just a weird feeling.

I do, however, feel my situation is a little different, than some...
For starters I do church work.. so thats a unique kinda setting haha

Within this building is a private (membership driven) gymn, walking track, and bb court.....

The second thing is that we run a daycare in the same building.
(if it isn't a public school ... how does this impact my CC?)

I suppose I'm not as nervous about actually having a weapon on my person as I am someone seeing it.

CURRENTLY i'm using an OWB holster that kinda snaps into place (kind of a kydex thing)... but I'm going to look into the crossbreed IWB.
The CC I'm using is a G27 .40.

Thanks for any advice,
B

I would suggest looking up the legal definition of a school in AL and then if it is illegal to carry in schools in AL. In WI, the legal definition of a school is grades 1-12 and its a felony to carry on school property.

Im sure Navy has a better link than me, but here you go lol

NRA-ILA | Alabama

Do you have the Legal Heat app on your smartphone? If not, you should get it. I perused AL law, and it only specifies "public schools," and it seems to allow a person with a CCL to carry even at a public school. That means, it seems to me, that, if you have a license to CC, you don't have anything to worry about at a church or church school. I suppose I could be wrong, but that's the way the law reads to me.

Also, I got my hybrid IWB holster from Cleveland's, and I love it. It's similar to Crossbreed's, but it has more coverage for your weapon, and it's less expensive. Also, more possible cant positions.

Thanks for the quick responses guys / girls...
PackingPastor (I'm worship pastor btw): I'll grab that app on iphone and iPad...

TriColorDad: This is a preschool ... so I suppose it isn't "legally" a school

Question 2: What about dropping kids off in car rider line and that sort of things at a REAL school ?

you know, I'll just ask the Sheriff next time I see him at SubWay.. :)

b

The most comfortable and least expensive holsters I own are Old Faithful Holsters. They come in 3 different "kits", I've made all 3 and very easy to put together if you watch their videos. I can carry full size Beretta 92 FS and Springfield XD VERY comfortably, and they are very concealable. I am in no way afilliated with them. I just believe they are the most comfortable holsters I have EVER worn (& I have 2 drawer fulls of other holsters). They are also inexpensive, and they are "custom" holsters. All the materials are also high quality. Unlike some others these do not have rivets, they have screws for tension, so as your holster gets broken in you can tighten and loosen the "grip". Just my 2 cents :)
Old Faithful Holsters - The Holster Store of Most Comfortable Gun Holsters

I'm a Packing Preacher as well. I carry everyday as well as Sunday. On Sundays I carry a LCP in my pocket so Sunday morning hugs won't feel my weapon if I had on IWB welcome to the carry "flock" No one knows that i carry and I plan on keeping that way.

Lord, make me fast and accurate.
Let my aim be true and my hand faster than those who wish to harm me and mine.
Let not my last thought be “If only I had my gun” and Lord, if today is truly the day you are to call me home, Let me die in a pile of brass.

Question 2: I didn't see anything in AL law about that. In GA, it's perfectly fine to have a gun in your car in line to pick up kids at a REAL school-just can't get out of the car with it.

My Cleveland's has screws instead of rivets as well, and it came with a tube of Lock-Tite to put on them to hold them in place once I got them adjusted properly. Also, Crossbreed holsters charge extra for horsehide. Cleveland's only comes in horsehide, and it's less expensive than even Crossbreed's cowhide!

Id also ask an attorney. LEOs sometimes purvey their own interpretations of the law...

I might not pay to speak to am attorney (ok I'm cheap so I know I wouldn't) but I agree that asking the LEO will get you their interpretation of the law. Go to your State Attorney General's web page and look it up. You can also write your AG a letter and have your question answered. I had to do that twice in the past (not about guns...family law crap) but be prepared for a several week wait on your answer.

We must reject the idea that every time a law's broken, society is guilty rather than the law breaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is responsible for his actions....Ronald Reagan

I might not pay to speak to am attorney (ok I'm cheap so I know I wouldn't) but I agree that asking the LEO will get you their interpretation of the law. .

Not the best of ideas. That would mean the LEO is practicing law without a license.

The second thing is that we run a daycare in the same building.
(if it isn't a public school ... how does this impact my CC?)

That depends. Is it a state licensed daycare, or is it a license exempt daycare. If it is a licensed daycare center, then firearms and ammunition must be prohibited in the daycare as a term of licensing. The person carrying the firearm is not breaking any law, but the daycare center could lose their license:

Link Removed

Printed page 18:
"No firearms or ammunition shall be kept or allowed in the center with the
exception of law enforcement officers."

Washington is the same way, it's not illegal to carry at a daycare, but the terms of the license state that the daycare must prohibit firearms.

I'm a Packing Preacher as well. I carry everyday as well as Sunday. On Sundays I carry a LCP in my pocket so Sunday morning hugs won't feel my weapon if I had on IWB welcome to the carry "flock" No one knows that i carry and I plan on keeping that way.

Lord, make me fast and accurate.
Let my aim be true and my hand faster than those who wish to harm me and mine.
Let not my last thought be “If only I had my gun” and Lord, if today is truly the day you are to call me home, Let me die in a pile of brass.

Wow, I see that their are a few of us that packing, I'm am a pastor here in Washington and sometimes my youth, young people also go down to OR which is near that mall that one guy was shooting goes to. I do have coming in the mail my CCL for OR and AZ so when my wife and I travel across country that I will be cover. Those I haven't come to carry doing my worship service yet but that wil be getting some use to. This is nice to see all of the pastor here have there CCW and ready to rock of ages if need be.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back