1st alleged violent shooting by Illinois Concealed Carry Licensee

I think most anti-gun folks won't change their opinion. As you say different idiots but same mentality.
I have to disagree. Many are anti gun because their parents were, because they hear all the bad on the media, because they were introduced to guns by a douche who has no business handing a loaded firearm to another person.

I was talking with a co worker today who told me of his first and only time ever shooting a gun. He said the guy handed him a loaded gun, he had never touched a gun before. At least my coworker has the sense to ask him to unload the gun and show him how to use it. They shot at a target, no back stop, and only took one shot because no hearing protection and his earns were ringing for days. However I offered today to bring him to the range any time he wanted and he asked if his wife could come too. Now he is not anti gun, but the point is many people have had similar first experiences with douche bags.

My friends wife hated guns. Was down right against them. Her two brothers were typical Chicago gang bangers, the kind you hear about on TV. I don't blame her for hating guns, I would too if my brothers were shooting at people with them. However we convinced her to go to the range with us, and in a safe controlled environment introduced her to various firearms starting small to large. She now owns multiple pistols and has a concealed carry license (I am proud to say I was her instructor). I coined the phrase "Range effect" on her experience and I have heard of numerous other people who have flipped once introduced to guns in a safe environment by people with more than 5 brain cells.

Let's see, that is ONE crime committed by a license holder out of at least 100,000 licensees in Illinois.

That is a crime rate of 0.0010%

What is the crime rate for Chicago cops? - As of 2012 Chicago had 11,944 sworn police officers. I personally knew one Chicago cop who murdered his partner over a love triangle. If that were the only crime, which I seriously doubt, that would be 1 out of 11,944 or a crime rate of at least 0.0084% or ALMOST 8½ TIMES GREATER. This doesn't count all the police corruption I witnessed while I lived there. Maybe they should ban cops and issue concealed carry licenses to ALL law-abiding citizens in the city. :yes4:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back