Would you shoot down a drone over your back yard?

NavyLCDR

Link Removed

Google maps shows Earlywood Way in Bullitt County as a populated residential area. So, what are your thoughts? I go both ways on this one. I can understand William Meredith's actions at wanting to destroy it, I would want to; at the same time I also understand the danger to nearby neighbors from shooting into the air. If the drone was low enough, hit it with a water stream? Paintball gun?

As far a civil suit for destroying the drone - no way would I rule against Meredith. The owner's of the drone should not have been flying it over other people's property.

On an interesting side note, recently travelled through Yellowstone National Park and there were "no drones" signs all over the place.

Live in the city, discharging a gun is illegal.
If not for that, if some azz felt he could swoop into the privacy of my back yard, I'm not even giving him the pieces back.

I've often said , if I see a drone flying over my property I'd shoot it down and play the "I thought it was a UFO attacking " excuse.

“We live in a society now where we don't know what these people are doing," Meredith said. "We don't know if they are pedophiles looking for kids, we don't know if they are thieves, we don't know if it is Isis.”

Read more: Link Removed

As dumb as it is to discharge a firearm in a populated area unless facing a threat of physical harm, I'm going to give this guy a break on the assumption that it is possible he has a cousin and brother-in-law (just one person, not two) who was captured by aliens and had an anal probe, so he has reason to fear physical harm from anything that looks like a space ship hoovering over his property.

NASA hopes he doesn't notice any of the satellites flying over his house at night, and Google has decided to use this next time it does a street view sweep of his neighborhood:

Link Removed

I would treat a drone entering my property the same way I would a foreign, invading enemy. I would consider it an act of war and act accordingly.:dirol:

I would treat a drone entering my property the same way I would a foreign, invading enemy. I would consider it an act of war and act accordingly.:dirol:
This is why the libs want background checks. Wacko's abound. Whether he really means it or intends-it only to rile-up the masses it's pretty sick.

I never said I would open fire on it, only treat it as a declaration of war. I would use ambush and guerilla tactics to bring the drone down, and take it from there.

".... act of war.":nono:

Pardon, but how do you ambush something in the air, hide behind a cloud maybe?

Yes, "act of war." A foreign enemy violating the curtilage of my property, no matter how high in the air it is. What would you call it?

As for hiding behind a cloud, there are ways to disable a drone without firing a shot. But, I've said too much on an open forum.

Yes, "act of war." A foreign enemy violating the curtilage of my property, no matter how high in the air it is. What would you call it?

As for hiding behind a cloud, there are ways to disable a drone without firing a shot. But, I've said too much on an open forum.
You don't legally own the airspace over your property. Check with an attorney in your state if you don't believe me.

I don't need any corrupt, slimy, attorney to tell me what's right and wrong and what's obviously a common sense situation.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back