sneaky pete

stan da man

hi all - would like to know how many of you use a sneaky pete holster - i never wore one but think it would be a simple way to carry my s&w mp 40 shield - just kinda wonder how many will know what that square leather is hanging on my side

You couldn't pay me to carry in one of those, and it is NOT a concealed carry method, even though the actual gun cannot be seen and legally it might classify as one.

Get a good IWB holster and actually conceal, or just OC if that's legal in your state.

I've seen one, and had to chuckle, and take a picture :laugh:

Link Removed

I've got one. Bought the leather one, then bought the nylon one. The leather one was just too dressy, was too noticeable. Feels like you are carrying a hugely obvious when you wear it the first few times, BUT, it really is not that noticeable to the casual observer. It has it's place in the various OPTIONS for concealed carry. While I agree with some that a good IWB or high riding OWB are the best, (I normally carry in a N82 IWB) I would not be so crass as to laugh at an American :nono: who has decided to try to do his part and carry legally and responsibly. Far be it from me to denigrate someone else's good intentions.
I have not used mine often, but I have used it in several large groups of people, and only had two people ask about it, and that was to ask how I liked it since they had seen it in American Rifleman magazine.
The leather one actually fits in very well with Dress Clothes, if you often have to wear those. The nylon one blends in pretty well with jeans, shorts, etc. Mine is made for an LC9s, which is not a very large pistol. A full size gun would probably require one WAY too large for me. My 1911, for example, would probably look like a suitcase, lol.

Bottom line, you decide what YOU think works for you, regardless of what self proclaimed experts may say.

If you get the Sneaky Pete holster, make sure you practice drawing from it. The holster covers up the lower part of the firearm's grip, which means your hand will not get a full grip on the firearm before removing it from the holster. A poor draw procedure executed hastily is a recipe for shooting yourself in the foot. At 1:15, this guy draws his weapon with the finger on the trigger while pointing it at his hip and leg:

If you get the Sneaky Pete holster, make sure you practice drawing from it. The holster covers up the lower part of the firearm's grip, which means your hand will not get a full grip on the firearm before removing it from the holster. A poor draw procedure executed hastily is a recipe for shooting yourself in the foot. At 1:15, this guy draws his weapon with the finger on the trigger while pointing it at his hip and leg:

Well that was awkward. You're scared, your going to fumble that flap big time.

And that was an awfully big holster, or lump on his side with the shirt over it for a P238, a really easy gun to carry/conceal.

Howdy,

Every time I see a rig like that I vision the scene from "Kindergarten Cop" when Joel asks "Whats wrong Mr. Kimball?"

Arnie says "I've got a head ache."

Joel "I bet it's a tumor."

Arnie "It's not a tumor!"

Paul

I am left-handed. The sneaky Pete does not work well getting in the car. It always seems to be in the way and impossible to reach if need be. I have switched my LCP to a pocket holster and I am much happier

I haven't used one though personally I think they look too big, and are the wrong shape to be a cell phone case. Honestly the majority of the public likely won't notice but to me it's more obvious then using a fanny pack designed for CC.

I think if I wanted a case like it for a small pistol (wouldn't use it for a mid-fullsize one) like a Pico, P3AT etc I'd go try something like this instead:
Bulldog "Cell Phone" Holster - 202377, Holsters at Sportsman's Guide

Of course then I'd either have to pocket carry my phone, or have two cases on my belt...LOL

*edit to add: There is a picture of someone holding it in the review section that makes it look bigger then in the stock photo of it on a persons belt, so not really sure it'd be any better then the Pete, but at least it doesn't cost as much*

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back