Pennsylvania concealed question

stumpjumper101

planning a trip to Pa. curious to know if there are any specific restrictions i need to know about I.E. ammunition restriction's or if there are specific places in where carry is prohibited above and beyond federal buildings, court houses, and educational facility's. any help would be appreciated

planning a trip to Pa. curious to know if there are any specific restrictions i need to know about I.E. ammunition restriction's or if there are specific places in where carry is prohibited above and beyond federal buildings, court houses, and educational facility's. any help would be appreciated

If you don't mind, I will like to piggy back on your thread.

I see you are travelling from virginia and would need to cross thru maryland. I am wondering if maryland have a "High Cap" band(only 10 rd mags), like in NY?

If you don't mind, I will like to piggy back on your thread.

I see you are travelling from virginia and would need to cross thru maryland. I am wondering if maryland have a "High Cap" band(only 10 rd mags), like in NY?

I dont know the answer to that one, but it will not be an issue for me i like 8+1 guns!:pleasantry:

I have a question about PA carry as well and instead of starting a new thread I'll jump on this one. Can you carry a concealed weapon hunting all seasons but, mainly archery season? Thanks

Yes...as long as you don't use the firearm for actual hunting out of season.

Link Removed

Sec. 2525. Amended November 29, 2006, Act No. 162, Effective January 28, 2007.

Sec. 2525. Possession of firearm for protection of self or others.

(a) General rule.- It is lawful for a law enforcement officer or any person who possesses a valid license to carry a firearm issued under 18 Pa C.S. Section 6109 (relating to licenses) to be in possession of a loaded or unloaded firearm while engaged in any activity regulated by this title.

(b) Construction.

(1) This section shall supersede any prohibition on the possession of firearms or ammunition contained in any other provision of this title.

(2) This subsection shall not be construed to permit the hunting or harvesting of any wildlife with a firearm or ammunition not otherwise permitted by this title.

(c) Definitions. - As used in this section, the following words and phrases shall have the meanings given to them in this subsection:

"Firearm." As defined in 18 Pa C.S. §6102 (relating to definitions).

"Law enforcement officer." As defined in 18 Pa C.S. §6102 (relating to definitions).

Yes...as long as you don't use the firearm for actual hunting out of season.

From PAFOA
"Firearm." Any pistol or revolver with a barrel length less than 15 inches, any shotgun with a barrel length less than 18 inches or any rifle with a barrel length less than 16 inches, or any pistol, revolver, rifle or shotgun with an overall length of less than 26 inches. The barrel length of a firearm shall be determined by measuring from the muzzle of the barrel to the face of the closed action, bolt or cylinder, whichever is applicable.

First thank you for the info.
So I guess this means I can carry my Glock it makes no reference to semi auto. Usually you are not allowed to hunt with a semi auto rifle. I wouldn't anyway i would carry my snub .357 revolver. Thanks again

Here's what it says in the 2010-11 hunting digest:

Unlawful Firearms & Devices: 1) Automatic and semi-automatic
(autoloading) rifles and handguns; 2) air or gas operated rifles and
handguns.

Firearms - Handguns: A Sportsman’s Firearms permit or a License
to Carry Firearms is required to carry a handgun, or have in a motor
vehicle. Licenses to Carry Firearms permits are issued by county sheriffs
or the Philadelphia Chief of Police. The License to Carry Firearms
permit only entitles bowhunters or spotlighters, for instance, to
carry firearms that fall within this classification. County treasurers
issue Sportsman’s Firearms Permits. A person holding a Sportsman’s
Firearms Permit may not carry a concealed handgun or a loaded
handgun in a vehicle, and may not carry a handgun while
bowhunting or spotlighting]

So if you go by this I couldn't carry my Glock but, if you go by the PAFOA you can. To be safe I will just carry my snubby revolver.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back