WVCDL's proposed West Virginia Gun Owner Protection Act of 2011

JimMullinsWVCDL

After months, er, years, of drafting, we are pleased to unveil the Link Removed, a comprehensive proposed revision of West Virginia's gun laws that expands the rights of law-abiding gun owners and increases the penalties for the criminal misuse of firearms and other weapons.

There's a lot of material packed into this bill. Over the last 4 years, we have proposed bits and pieces of this bill on a piecemeal basis. This year, we made the strategic decision to consolidate our agenda into one primary bill witht he intent of advocating it as a package deal and attempting to enact more in one large bill than would be practical with dozens of smaller bills. As part of this decision, we took into consideration the historic tendency of our Legislature, regardless of the subject matter involved, to tend to only handle a very small number of bills pertaining to any particular subject each year, with a preference for consolidating related issues.

We expect this bill to be introduced in both houses of the Legislature within the next 2 weeks. Because this bill has not yet been introduced, it is not necessary at this time to contact your legislators. Once this bill is introduced, we will then ask you to contact your legislators . . . often.

Feel free to comment here or send me a PM if you want to discuss (or maybe even debate) various aspects of this bill.

Thanks for the info and update!

I may be temporarily living in Morgantown for the end of this year.

If there's anything I can do to help, please let me know.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back