Why Anti-Gun Laws in IL

m&p9cguy

Perhaps someone(s) more informed can discuss this subject with some answers. We know that our president, our Governor and in Chicago, the mayor do not want us to have CCW. My question is why? It is no secret that although our Capital is Springfield the city of Chicago and Cook County seems to dictate what goes on in our state. This goes back to the Daley's administration and continues with the likes of Emanuel and Quinn.

Are these peoples campaign money funded by anti gun organizations making them deny us our second amendment rights? I am not accusing, just trying to rationalize why it has been this way for so long and why it passed from the Daley administration right to the Emanuel regime. What are these politicians interest in keeping us gun free?

Thanks in advance for your opinion.

Thanks for the reply Bluestar99 it's appreciated. I am familiar with Mike Madigan and his stance on gun control and I can understand the Democratic party wanting a unified front but I can't help thinking that there has to be some sort of payola involved for the likes of the Daley's, Emanuel, Quinn, Madigan, Obama etc to keep the gun control laws that are obviously not working anyway. I don't mean cash in their pockets but wonder if political favors or election contributions are behind the anti-gun laws in Illinois and if so what industry or group motivate these laws.

The simple basic truth of it is: It's not about gun control, it's not about crime control, it's about people control.

The simple basic truth of it is: It's not about gun control, it's not about crime control, it's about people control.
That is the simple truth for an oppressed population can't overthrow it's dictators (both large and small) if they are unarmed.

Seems to me back in the 1700's some folks went to war because they felt oppressed by King George's taxes....... imagine how that would have turned out if those folks didn't have any guns.

That is the simple truth for an oppressed population can't overthrow it's dictators (both large and small) if they are unarmed.

Seems to me back in the 1700's some folks went to war because they felt oppressed by King George's taxes....... imagine how that would have turned out if those folks didn't have any guns.

Confiscation of firearms was what actually triggered the first shots, not necessarily taxation. King George saw it coming, issued a decree that firearms were to be confiscated, and the colonists basically said, "Come take 'em." and that's how the war really began. had George been able to confiscate the firearms, had the "law abiding" turned theirs in, we would still be a British colony.

Thank you one and all gentlemen for your opinions.
It is hard for me to wrap my mind around how these people keep getting voted into office and how they can control the entire state. That is why I was asking if they are backed by large corporate lobbying.

It is hard for me to wrap my mind around how these people keep getting voted into office and how they can control the entire state. That is why I was asking if they are backed by large corporate lobbying.

The large corporate lobby is the Chicago Machine. They fix the elections all the time. There is a saying in Chicago to vote and vote often. I lived in the Chicago years ago. I heard how ballot boxes were switched, lost and miraculously found. The Chicago Machine has a death grip on the whole state of IL. Soon IL will go bankrupt. I do hope that Southern IL will form a new state.

Even WORSE! The Chicago Democratic MACHINE.

The number of representatives is based on numbers of people being represented. IE: more people in Chicago and Crook County, means more representatives in Springfield. On top of that, the highest numbers of people, firmly attached to the government titty, are located in Chicago and Crook County. Then, there are the corrupt unions who bought and paid for many of those politicians. The poor guy representing a part of the state that only has a few thousand hard working, tax paying farmers, has no chance against against the hundreds of union owned, welfare backed crooks from Chicago. Illinois would be a red state, if not for Crook County and Chicago. We've also had a problem with voters who lean to the right, but, they don't get off their butt and go to the polls. In Chicago, even dead people can do that.

Last election, my wife did not vote. She said, neither Romney or Obama would be her choice. My response to that was, not voting for Romney was just as good as voting for Obama, and what about the rest of the trash that were running? You would not believe how much she complains about what Obama is currently doing, even though she helped him get elected.

Keep that in mind for the upcoming elections. We need to get all of our supporters, out to the polls. It's long past due for Durbin, Quinn, and all of their helpers to get pink slips.

The number of representatives is based on numbers of people being represented. IE: more people in Chicago and Crook County, means more representatives in Springfield. On top of that, the highest numbers of people, firmly attached to the government titty, are located in Chicago and Crook County. Then, there are the corrupt unions who bought and paid for many of those politicians. The poor guy representing a part of the state that only has a few thousand hard working, tax paying farmers, has no chance against against the hundreds of union owned, welfare backed crooks from Chicago. Illinois would be a red state, if not for Crook County and Chicago. We've also had a problem with voters who lean to the right, but, they don't get off their butt and go to the polls. In Chicago, even dead people can do that.

Last election, my wife did not vote. She said, neither Romney or Obama would be her choice. My response to that was, not voting for Romney was just as good as voting for Obama, and what about the rest of the trash that were running? You would not believe how much she complains about what Obama is currently doing, even though she helped him get elected.

Keep that in mind for the upcoming elections. We need to get all of our supporters, out to the polls. It's long past due for Durbin, Quinn, and all of their helpers to get pink slips.

I completely agree with you. I vote in every election. Sometimes I have to hold my nose and vote for the better of two evils. But I always vote. But the goal here is to replace Quinn-occiho, Illinois's liar in chief. Madigan has to go, and it would be a big help if he took his daughter with him. The last thing we need is her as a future Governor.

I've heard that "I had to vote for the lesser of two evils" thing for a long time. And for a while I believed it and voted accordingly. But the truth is if I were to only consider the two evils presented to me... which were carefully chosen by both parties (which really is just one party with the same goals) I'm still voting for evil!

And I've heard that voting for a third party candidate helps elect the worst of those two evils.... and I believed that for a while too ... until I realized that if enough people voted for a third party then both evils would lose. Then I got to thinking... if I wanted my agenda to stay in power by insuring folks would vote for one of the two evils (two candidates with different letters, an "R" or a "D", that were chosen because they both represent the same agenda just wearing a different face) I would try to convince people that voting for a third party candidate is like voting for the worst of the two evils.....

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back