Whipping It Out In Walmart

Eidolon

Alter Kocker
I ran into a guy open carrying a 1911 in Walmart this morning in a Yaqui Slide holster. I've always questioned holsters that leave that much of your gun exposed so I asked the guy if he had a problem with the barrel getting fouled. He said he didn't or hadn't up to that point then he unholstered to show me that his pistol had an extended barrel :eek:.

I've always been taught that open carry or not you don't randomly whip it out in puplic for "Show and Tell". I didn't freak, I didn't express any opinion on his indiscretion and I couldn't have cared less that he was open carrying, I didn't even start a Glock V 1911 argument.

I'm not sure it's really a training issue because I don't remember ever being officially told not to unholster unnecessarily, I kinda figured it out on my own. I also acknowledge that I created the situation by opening my mouth but I still have to ask am I wrong to think that's unacceptable behavior?

Bad scene, not smart.

Walmart, with all those security cameras. "Gun, gun, gun in aisle 10!"

I was instructed to never unholster my gun in public unless the situation called for it, and by "called for it" I mean there was a dire need for self defense. "Show and Tells," to me, show a lack of maturity and training. Some people like the attention open carrying gets them. When you approached him with your question, he may have saw an oppurtunity for more attention and could not resist pulling the gun out to give you a visual, thinking you might be impressed.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back