CLICK HERE TO WIN A FREE GUN

wadcutter ammo???

getlost4x4

Anyone ever used this kind of ammo

I picked up 50 rounds for $15 for my 45 semi auto bersa.

Hoping its not going to blow up my gun.

Semi wad cutter ammo is for range shooting. I used it in my colt 1911 when I use to shoot ipsic. It is not a good sd ammo.

It's good ammo just be sure to clean the barrel really good after about 200 rounds being it is a straight lead bullet it can coat the inside of the barrel

I will thanks. I'm pretty anal about keeping my guns clean. Just couldn't pass up the cheap cost of the ammo. $0.30 round is nice in 45 acp

I bought two boxes of CCI BLAZER 230 GR FMJ for $3.00 a box, $.06 a round, from a friend that works at a pawn shop. Im just using it for target practice, its not reloadable.

Where did you by it? Locally or online?
It does make good range ammo.

I bought it locally from a friend of mine that works at a pawn shop, he only had two boxes. I wish he would have had some more bacause i would have bought more.

How is a Wadcutter different than other ammo? I was looking to pick some up due to cost for my 38.

shape

It is the shape of the projectile. Wikipedia has a good series of photos if you search wadcutter. I know some older cops who used to carry it on duty back in the fmj only days. Other than that it is a good choice for the range as it is normally dirt cheap. I use it for paper assassination in my 38.

I use swc or wc a lot in my reloading due to its cheap price. I clean my firearms regularly after shooting and have not had any leading issues.

Well I shot it today. It was not good ammo. None of it shot the same. It seemed like everyone had a different load of powder.

Some had some pretty crazy recoil.

Semi wad cutter ammo is for range shooting. I used it in my colt 1911 when I use to shoot ipsic. It is not a good sd ammo.
It depends upon the ammunition. The 158gr. LSWC-HP "FBI" .38 Special load is GREAT self-defense ammunition. I carry it in all of my .38 Special and .357 revolvers.

Well I shot it today. It was not good ammo. None of it shot the same. It seemed like everyone had a different load of powder.

Some had some pretty crazy recoil.
Sounds like you were using handloads.
That's pretty iffy stuff, I never use anyone else's handloads.
Usually, wadcutter (or semi-wadcutter) are target loads, usually pretty consistent and accurate. Speaking factory ammo and most of us reloaders use it as target fodder.

I must admit I have carried it in my 38 Derringer, figuring the loss of velocity would be made up by frontal area.

Email