wadcutter ammo???

getlost4x4

Anyone ever used this kind of ammo

I picked up 50 rounds for $15 for my 45 semi auto bersa.

Hoping its not going to blow up my gun.

Semi wad cutter ammo is for range shooting. I used it in my colt 1911 when I use to shoot ipsic. It is not a good sd ammo.

It's good ammo just be sure to clean the barrel really good after about 200 rounds being it is a straight lead bullet it can coat the inside of the barrel

I will thanks. I'm pretty anal about keeping my guns clean. Just couldn't pass up the cheap cost of the ammo. $0.30 round is nice in 45 acp

I bought two boxes of CCI BLAZER 230 GR FMJ for $3.00 a box, $.06 a round, from a friend that works at a pawn shop. Im just using it for target practice, its not reloadable.

Where did you by it? Locally or online?
It does make good range ammo.

I bought it locally from a friend of mine that works at a pawn shop, he only had two boxes. I wish he would have had some more bacause i would have bought more.

shape

It is the shape of the projectile. Wikipedia has a good series of photos if you search wadcutter. I know some older cops who used to carry it on duty back in the fmj only days. Other than that it is a good choice for the range as it is normally dirt cheap. I use it for paper assassination in my 38.

I use swc or wc a lot in my reloading due to its cheap price. I clean my firearms regularly after shooting and have not had any leading issues.

Well I shot it today. It was not good ammo. None of it shot the same. It seemed like everyone had a different load of powder.

Some had some pretty crazy recoil.

Semi wad cutter ammo is for range shooting. I used it in my colt 1911 when I use to shoot ipsic. It is not a good sd ammo.
It depends upon the ammunition. The 158gr. LSWC-HP "FBI" .38 Special load is GREAT self-defense ammunition. I carry it in all of my .38 Special and .357 revolvers.

Well I shot it today. It was not good ammo. None of it shot the same. It seemed like everyone had a different load of powder.

Some had some pretty crazy recoil.
Sounds like you were using handloads.
That's pretty iffy stuff, I never use anyone else's handloads.
Usually, wadcutter (or semi-wadcutter) are target loads, usually pretty consistent and accurate. Speaking factory ammo and most of us reloaders use it as target fodder.

I must admit I have carried it in my 38 Derringer, figuring the loss of velocity would be made up by frontal area.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back