Very cool new app for smart phones - Gun Free Zone App

ulatek

I love that this guy has put this together, and I am going to do my best to help spread the word about it. I think it's time we started voting with our dollars - find GFZ's and let them know we will not be patronizing thier establisments whenever it's possible to do so. But, we also need to tell them why whenever it is also possible.

Gun Free Zone App

Just installed it on my Android, there aren't many places marked in West Michigan yet but I am going to do what I can to help with that.

Chuck

It's pretty new so we need to help populate it with info, but I really like the idea so I'm willing to do that. After finding it I gave a lot of thought to whether I would walk away from a GFZ sign on a store's front door, or go in and tell them that I was walking away and why. I don't think I want to support places that are so completely against the very foundation of our Constitution any more, especially when they are so completely against it they will broadcast it in the form of a GFZ sign. I will spend my hard earned cash somewhere else.

Chuck

Of course, I completely respect the private property right to decide what can and cannot be brought in to their business. So I won't be bringing a gun into a "gun free zone." However, since I can't bring my gun, I won't be going there either! :wink:

If I felt like going in, I'd probably simply tell them I didn't feel comfortable shopping somewhere with a GFZ sign, as they can often be a magnet for criminals who see them as an easy target.

That sounds like a great way to handle things. While we all need to stand up for our 2A rights, we also need to be ambassadors of the gun owner group as a whole. As you point out we can do both.

I have tried this one but the map interface is not so great. I switched to Posted! And it is a much more "put together" app.
Check it out.
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=ryan.posted

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using USA Carry mobile app

It does look to be a little better feature wise, I like that it shows the sign and lets you add notes. I fear since it's not a free app (yup, even a $0.99 one) many won't bother and thereby hurting the amount of people feeding it info. I REALLY like the "Pro-Gun Alternative" option.

Put this on my wife's phone (mine's not that smart). It's entertaining to see the reaction when you tell store managers why they don't get any of your money.

doesn't work so well on the HTC One. The user interface is too small and cannot be enlarged. Even though the HTC One has a quad core processor, the program runs at turtle speed, and if it lets you input anything, it takes forever to bring up the results.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back