Tree branch for water filtration

There are a few issues being brought up about a piece of wood being used as a filter, and the main one being that is will only filter about a gallon over a 24 hour period. There is also a lot of debate as to how well this works as it will not filter out viruses, however, most portable Link Removed will not remove viruses, and this actually filters better than most of those that are on the market. But the study they did was on a small piece of wood, I am sure you could get the same filtration results from a bigger piece of wood, and get more water.

Likely! Even with a small branch, one gallon is better than no gallons. Figured this would be good to know in a pinch. :) Plus, you could get 10 branches and 10 gallons in a day. And some filtration is better than one... e. coli is very important to get rid of!

If I don't have a water filter already with me, what are the chances I have a plastic tube, a hose clamp, a bucket to run the hose to, and a screw driver to tighten it?
Also, don't worry about viruses here in the states. Really more of a third world issue.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back