Traveling through Illinois

Rick Hamann

I am a Missouri CCW Permit holder. Traveling through Illinois enroute to Tennessee. How do I do this legally since Illinois does not have reciprocity for ANY state?

Sent from my iPhone using Link Removed

I am a Missouri CCW Permit holder. Traveling through Illinois enroute to Tennessee. How do I do this legally since Illinois does not have reciprocity for ANY state?

I live in Illinois and have read that you won't be bothered with, CCW-wise, as long as you leave your weapon in the car when you stop for gas or to eat. You also must be traveling thru the state and not stopping to site see, etc.

Check out this thread:
HTML:
https://www.usacarry.com/forums/traveling-with-handguns/43802-traveling-through-illinois-without-reciprocity.html

Harley

I fooudn the topic on another site as well that lists part of the Illinois law
HTML:
https://www.firearmstalk.com/threads/how-to-drive-through-illinois-with-a-loaded-handgun.122890/

Check out the pdf file in post #9 as it lists the section of law as well.

Harley

Travel from WI to visit family in IL, and sometimes strait through to IN. My understanding of statute is that if you are a LICENSED CCW in a neighboring state, you just need to put your weapon (loaded is fine) in a locked container (glove box/center console are fine too) until you have passed through the state. If there are any permit-less/Constitutional carry states neighbouring, this would not apply for those residents.

I put mine in my safe, but don’t lock it unless I am leaving the vehicle. When I get to where we are staying in IL, I just carry the lockbox inside.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back