Traveling through CA question

retirednak

I'm moving from Alaska and will be traveling on the ferry because of Canada's gun laws. I'll be spending time with my folks in California before settling down in another state. My question/concern is my Kel Tec SU-16C rifle and CA's assault weapon ban. Does anyone know what CA considers an assault weapon? Would my SU-16C be considered an assault weapon? It does not have any mods and looks like it did when I purchased it. I'm going to keep it in my rifle safe along with my other rifles and will keep my hand guns in their safe and stack my boxes on top of the safes to block them from view. I need to make sure my ducks are in a row in case the police decide to do a search of my vehicles for some odd reason. Thanks for any help. Happy Holidays!

Senate Bill 23 Assault Weapon Characteristics | State of California - Department of Justice - Kamala D. Harris Attorney General

the SU-16C is an assault weapon in California. The SU-16CA is not.

KEL-TEC SU-16CA Legal? - Calguns.net

The Kel-Tec SU-16CA in stock configuration is actually the designated Californa model.
You can get a SU-16A and be also SU-16B also but not the SU-16C do to it being able to fire with it's folding stock folded.
The SU-16CA is a SU-16C model with a SU-16A stock to make it Californa legal.

How in the heck is someone supposed to understand all the mumbo-jumbo on Senate bill 23? Sounds like if I remove the folding stock and go with a fixed stock I should be OK..........Guess I'll need a friend mail all my magazines over 10 rounds once I get settled,leaving me with just one clip for the road trip. My folks don't understand why I won't relocate to CA and I keep explaining that if a state won't issue a CCW permit(except in a rare few places) and a state who sees fit to tax the hell out of its residents,I want no part of it. Morro Bay would be the perfect place for me to live if it wasn't in CA. This is off topic,had my mom pick up a new PC that Costco had on sale and my state didn't order any. I look at the receipt and I was charged a $6.00 "fee",I asked my mom whats up with the fee and she told me it was for disposal of the old PC. What a crock of poo,there are also other fees CA tacks on depending on what is bought,and this was on top of the $27.50 7.75% sales tax. Guess I'm spoiled living here in AK without any sales tax unless you shop in other towns besides Anchorage

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back