Traveling from Arkansas to New Hampshire?

Traveling from Arkansas to New Hampshire in the fall. What do I need to know about traveling with my Conceal carry gun? Will be going into Connecticut and Massachusetts also. I know I can't have it in those states, but what about traveling through them?

Sent from my KYOCERA-C6745 using Tapatalk

Traveling from Arkansas to New Hampshire in the fall. What do I need to know about traveling with my Conceal carry gun? Will be going into Connecticut and Massachusetts also. I know I can't have it in those states, but what about traveling through them?

Inform yourself about the legal difference between carrying a loaded firearm and transporting an unloaded firearm. Inform yourself about the laws of each state you travel through and to. See www.handgunlaw.us, NRA-ILA | Gun Laws, and NRA-ILA | Guide To The Interstate Transportation Of Firearms.

For starters, New Jersey, New York, Connecticut and Massachusetts do not honor any other state permits. Vermont does allow anyone who can legally possess a firearm to carry it concealed or openly without a permit. Read the New Jersey, New York and Massachusetts sections at NRA-ILA | Guide To The Interstate Transportation Of Firearms. State magazine capacity laws apply. In theory, the Firearms Owners’ Protection Act, or FOPA, applies when transporting an unloaded firearm THROUGH a state. In practice, a state may still decide to screw you.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back