Thunderwear Holster Safety

TxBob

Hi,

I have a Thunderwear holster that I use to carry my Sig P938 when working out or jogging. It's very comfortable and the combo model allows me to carry the Sig and a couple of spare 9mm clips. My problem is that I'm obviously nervous about carrying the Sig in that holster (no thumb strap) cocked with a round chambered and the safety on. Any thoughts on the safety aspects of this? Thanks! TxBob

Your Sig has a firing pin block and if the gun is in good working order and hasn't been modified you should be completely safe. The firing pin block does not disengage until you have started to depress the trigger.

I'm just starting to jog in a similar holster called the Pistol Wear PT-2 and I carry a P239. Mine is DA/SA so I feel pretty good. There's nothing else in the compartment of the belly band that could catch the trigger, and with the firing pin block in place I feel safe.

You have a similar situation: firing pin block and safety. As long as there is nothing down there to catch the trigger and safety, you're fine.

Would love your thoughts on the Thunderwear. I'm not sold on the brand that I got.

I've been very happy with the Thunderwear holster. I have the real one purchased online but be aware there are knockoffs out there. I have the combination model that features two gun pouches and a center extra pouch. I carry the Sig P938 in one side and a clip or two on the other. The holster is basically much like a men's athletic supporter without the two between the legs straps. I wear it over compression shorts (sliders) and it is secured around the waist with a fully adjustable Velcro strap. I wear it under Nike basketball shorts at the gym and when walking/jogging. Close friends that know that I carry say they can slightly tell the outline of the gun pouch, but no one else has ever picked up on it. Good luck and thank you for the info on the safety issues in carrying the P cocked.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back