Taurus PT111 Gen 1

shotofjack

A friend of mine recently offered to sell me his Taurus Gen 1 for a CCW, any feedback on this pistol? $200. Is it worth it. Should I just wait and get something else. I’ve also been looking at Rugers but is the price difference worth it? New member! Thanks in advance!Link Removed

I can not comment on the Gen 1 but do have a PT140 Gen 2 which is the 40 caliper brother of the PT111 9 mm. I really like my Taurus PT140 and after wife fired mine she wanted the 9 mm Gen 2. As far as $200 for a Gen 1 a new Gen 2 can be bought for around $250 plus or minus a few dollars. Taurus does stand behind their weapons though just like so many others. I also have a Springfield XD 40 Caliper that actually has more mussel movement than the Taurus. Everyone may have a different experience but I like carrying and shooting mine. There was a recall on several pistols by Taurus and that one may have been one of them. Date of manufacturer would be a big thing. If before 2008 I would decline. Personally the price would need to be a little lower since I could get a new Gen 2 for not a lot more.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back