Suggested ammo

Nicholas A.

I'm getting my first rifle which will be a WASR-10 which is a Romanian ak in 7.62x39. So my question since I've never bought the ammo before only shot my friend's ammo, I was looking for what some might suggest for the ammo. I've heard Brown Bear is good by many and to stay away from Wolf brand by some, so I was just curious what the kind people on this forum would suggest since I've always gotten good information by those on here.

WASR's are hearty little guns and will eat anything they can manage to strip off the mag and into the chamber. Most of what I shot was Tula and white box milsurp. Just make sure you clean it up good after. I used a hose, dried it down and then lubed it. Never an issue ever. The better stuff might get you some tighter groups but I don't think it's worth spending the extra.

Why are you cleaning it with a hose? The only reason I know to do so is if you are shooting corrosive ammo, which Brown bear, wolf and tula are not. If not shooting corrosive a normal cleaning is enough.

And your WASR should shoot anything you throw at it.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Warbirds is correct, tulammo is non-corrossive and its my favorite since its only like $4.75 for a box of 20. Love my AK!

I used a hose down the barrel because I found it was a bit quicker that repeated swabbing and occasionally corrosive ammo made it through my gun

The "Commie" guns were basically built for the wallet-friendly steel cased ammunition. For the moment, the commercial ammo (Tula,wolf,etc) is cheap and relatively easy to get. I don't think the usually corrosive surplus 7.62x39 ammo is that much cheaper, unless it's in bulk.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back