State CCW Requirements for Instructor

paden.hale

Molon Labe
Hello all-

I'm in the beginning phases of opening my own business teaching CCW classes and selling my custom Kydex holsters. Can anyone refer me to somewhere that informs me what is required by the State of Virginia to be taught at CCW classes? I'm super new to this, been an LE Instructor for a bit, but have never taught CCW classes. In light of the recent gun violence in America, I feel convicted to do my part and help educated residents on the dangers they face daily in order to help them be more prepared should a non-permissive situation present itself. Any information would be a great help. Feel free to message me here or contact me directly at [email protected] if you prefer to speak privately. Thank you very much!

-Paden

If you are an NRA certified Handgun Safety & Basic Pistol then your clear to teach. Since VA accepts gun safety class most people are getting their cert that way. I'm still working on getting my web site interactive to do this. The NRA class will give you all the tools you'll need to teach class and for business and advertise etc.

Hello all-

Can anyone refer me to somewhere that informs me what is required by the State of Virginia to be taught at CCW classes?

Virginia doesn't specifically require anything, unfortunately.

Some "instructors" here are teaching some real crap.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back