Springfield scout as a deer rife

grady202

Does anyone have any experience using the Springfield scout for whitetail deer hunting.

I have an M1A loaded that I use for Mulies.....Dont know what the .308 would do to a whitetail, but it goes through the Mulie

It would certainly work, but that's a heavy rifle for carrying in the woods all day. Other then the weight factor, I'd probably enjoy hunting with it.

+1 on DanielJoe's post. My Mosin is basically an overpowered .308 (7.62x51 NATO=.308win 7.62x54R=mosin aka "Russian .308") and it blasts right through whitetails. I hit a doe 3 times from within 20 feet last season and it didn't go down for well over 3 miles even with a shattered hip. Shoot better than I did and you'll be fine.

Deer Hunting with Scout M5

I had one for about 15 years, .22 Hornet/410, I wasn't that good of a shot with the open sites and had a couple of opportunities but decided they weren't ethical shots as I was about 200 feet away and wasn't sure I would have a lethal shot with the Hornet. I added the red dot site but never took it along on a hunt with the site.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back