Should I send $300 to the NJ affiliate?

MarkJ

I live in Washington state and I'm a life member of WSRPA, our state level NRA affiliate. Would there be any advantage for me to join ANJRPC?

I live in Washington state and I'm a life member of WSRPA, our state level NRA affiliate. Would there be any advantage for me to join ANJRPC?

The only thing it might do is give you that happy warm feeling
The ANJRPC is a good group but much like the NRA (IMHO) they look at NJ as a lost cause

If you can afford it I'm sure they would love to cash your check :biggrin:

Ah...I was trolling for life members like you! Yes I can afford it and you folks in NJ are doing some great work. Now can I find a lifer there who can afford to donate $300 as well? If so, here is my proposal: Instead of us each donating $300 to our home state organizations above and beyond our life memberships, how about we each become life members of the other's club? That way the same $300 gets donated to each but the membership numbers also go up.

We are already each life members of our own affilitates. If we were going to donate money anyway, why not make 2 of us look like 4? If everyone fortunate enough to have the means to contribute did it this way, we might get a bit more bang for our $$$.

I'm looking for someone to become a member of Washington State Rifle and Pistol Club as a life member. I'll join ANJRPC. We each then contact our out-of-state adopted clubs and tell them not to waste our money asking for more and we don't need the newsletter either--we'll keep up online if we feel like it. We then shift our focus back to our home states.

Next we pass this thread to another pair of folks to run with the ball. Perhaps we can get some life member from some state other than Washington to do this with ANJRPC. The idea isn't just to do this between WSRPA and ANJRPC.

Am I hoping for too much here? Do we have any folks who would participate in a fund raiser of this sort? Can we get something going or will this stop with one guy, me, joining a great out of state org.

For a list of NRA affiliate organizations, look here:

State Associations

Thanks,

Mark

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back