Senior Citizen moved to North GA, wants firearm instruction, ATL is too far to drive

Coosa

The Title pretty much says it. I moved back to North Georgia - Fannin Co - and am not able to drive to Atlanta for firearm instructions, nor can I afford to pay hundreds of dollars for instructions on a fixed retirement income.

Is there any training available within a reasonable distance of Fannin County? Reasonable being no more than an hour's drive.

What would you suggest? How can I get the instructions I need for an affordable cost -- say under $100 total, preferably less. Can someone suggest youtube videos or ebooks or even the best books I could purchase which would give me the education I need?

And is there a workbook or some simple to comprehend booklet on Georgia's Concealed and Open Carry Laws?

Thank you for your help. I want to be cognizant of the laws and I need a simple explanation of them. Convoluted wording in the explanation of laws is very confusing to me.

I also would like to know if there is a gun club closer to me than Chatuge Gun Club [not listed on your site].

Thank you,
Coosa

There's Plain English and then there's ...

They have Georgia's gun laws in plain english.

I'm looking at "In Plain English" from GeorgiaPacking right now. Maybe it's just too much information at one time on one page, but my brain does not compute. Sensory Overload. [Those 'blue highlights' with the chapter/verse of the Law do not help my concentration.]

I learn better when someone teaches and explains what's written.

But I have to use what I've got ... so thank you for this information.

I think it was easier when all we had was the Second Amendment and the States stayed out of it.

Thanks, Coosa

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back