SC state parks with NC permit?

Hi folks! I'm a little confused by what I've read online about this. I know the NC CC permit is honored in SC, and according to handgunlaw.us, it is legal to carry in SC state parks. However, when I looked specifically at Edisto Beach SP, it said no firearms are allowed. Does this apply to those with a permit as well? Can anyone help clarify this for me?

South Carolina Statutes. You can look it up for yourself Here:
South Carolina Legislature Online - Code of Laws Title 51 Chapter 3 State Parks

SECTION 51-3-145.

(G) Possessing any firearm, airgun, explosive, or firework except by duly authorized park personnel, law enforcement officers, or persons using areas specifically designated by the department for use of firearms, airguns, fireworks, or explosives. Licensed hunters may have firearms in their possession during hunting seasons provided that such firearms are unloaded and carried in a case or the trunk of a vehicle except that in designated game management areas where hunting is permitted, licensed hunters may use firearms for hunting in the manner authorized by law. This subsection shall not apply to a person carrying a concealable weapon pursuant to Article 4, Chapter 31, Title 23, and the concealable weapon and its ammunition.

Hi folks! I'm a little confused by what I've read online about this. I know the NC CC permit is honored in SC, and according to handgunlaw.us, it is legal to carry in SC state parks. However, when I looked specifically at Edisto Beach SP, it said no firearms are allowed. Does this apply to those with a permit as well? Can anyone help clarify this for me?

According to the 2013 regs Edisto Beach SP is closed. sec 51-3-40.

The park may be closed but carry is still allowed in SC State Parks. SECTION 51-3-145. Certain acts unlawful at state parks.

(G) Possessing any firearm, airgun, explosive, or firework except by duly authorized park personnel, law enforcement officers, or persons using areas specifically designated by the department for use of firearms, airguns, fireworks, or explosives. Licensed hunters may have firearms in their possession during hunting seasons provided that such firearms are unloaded and carried in a case or the trunk of a vehicle except that in designated game management areas where hunting is permitted, licensed hunters may use firearms for hunting in the manner authorized by law. This subsection shall not apply to a person carrying a concealable weapon pursuant to Article 4, Chapter 31, Title 23, and the concealable weapon and its ammunition.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back