Restaurant Carry

NCGlockin

On or after October 30, where was the first restaurant you carried that serves alcohol?

Correction OBI WAN..............Law was effective OCT 1. As for the first, FUJO in Charlotte. Stop by Hyatts Gun shop on a road trip from the Triad. Lots of nice people there and the prices were OK, not great but OK. Ammo was a bit high. Great friggin selection of everything though. FOX News stated it was the largest in the US.

Rudino's Sports Porch, Apex. Was glad to see they hadn't put up the "No guns" sign. Actually since wife's furloughed (Federal contractor, who will NOT get back pay once the furlough is over) we haven’t been eating out except that one time, but I haven’t seen any “No guns” signs yet on anything other than the gym., which has always had one.

Correction OBI WAN..............Law was effective OCT 1. As for the first, FUJO in Charlotte. Stop by Hyatts Gun shop on a road trip from the Triad. Lots of nice people there and the prices were OK, not great but OK. Ammo was a bit high. Great friggin selection of everything though. FOX News stated it was the largest in the US.

I'm in the Raleigh area, with a daughter living in Charlotte, so when it's something I can't find locally, Hyatts is where I go to get it. I've been impressed with their availability, especially for powders and primers to reload. Good place, and very friendly. First visit since the new addition to the conceal law was to Bass Lake Ale House... they're still just as friendly as ever!

Food at McDonalds? More like pushing slop out a window to the sheepeople. More times then not, they give you the wrong slop.

I ate at Olive Garden the 1st day after I got my permit. I didn't see a sign, but my state doesn't have force of law in regards to ignoring signs, so I rarely look for the signs. The law does require me to either leave or put my gun in the car if the restaurant asks me, which I will comply with, but my firearm is concealed quite well.

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk

I just wanted to congratulate the folks of NC for getting restaurant carry passed. I live in Virginia but my family and I are frequent visitors to Greensboro and Winston-Salem. We ate at Bonefish in Winston-Salem last weekend. I'm also pleased that the prohibition on carrying into establishments which charge admission (movie theaters) has been lifted. We hit the IMAX in WS on occasion and I feel much better now that I can legally carry into the theater.

Now, if NC would just remove the "force of law" from no guns signage, we'd be all set. My wife loves Hanes Mall in WS and they have most entrances posted. Because, you know, criminals will see the signs and immediately comply.

I believe my first place was Qdoba. Always seemed silly that I could carry at the Panera next door, but not Qdoba.

And by the way, the USA Carry page for NC hasn't updated their page for places off-limits for carrying.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back